The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is in charge of managing an organisation's daily operations while collaborating with senior management to develop a growth strategy. The COO must be tactical, a leader, and a visionary who can put processes in place to fulfil the company's main objectives.
Key responsibilities of a Chief Operating Officer include:
- Being responsible for the management of business operations
- Forming the vision of how a company should operate in the long term
- Hiring and training senior members of operations staff
- Overseeing the way departments communicate and work together
- Creating and sticking to budgets for operations