Welders are experienced construction professionals who can work with a huge variety of metals to create products, structures and more. They can also use their specialised skills to repair and enhance existing metal structures or products.
You should seek these skills in your Welder:
- Previous experience in a welding role.
- Trained and confident using a variety of welding equipment and tools.
- Knowledgeable and mindful of best welding safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to efficiently draft up technical designs and drawings.
- Ability to follow technical plans and blueprints.
- Physical ability to use welding tools and equipment.
Interviewing a Welder
Welders have a high level of specialised knowledge that makes them an indispensable asset to any construction team. As their work will impact the work of the rest of the construction project, hiring the right person for the job is critical!
That’s why we’ve created a guide designed for use early in the interview process that will make choosing the right person easier. Here, you can find questions to test a Welder’s hard skills, soft skills and cultural fit for your team.
How to open the job interview
You want your Welder to feel comfortable during the interview, so you can properly assess their fit for your team and get a good overview of their skills. Luckily, this is easy to do by asking a couple of easier questions that will help to relax them and get the conversation flowing.