Electricians help to bring life to a construction project. They’re wiring experts who can install new lighting or devices to your construction site, as well as troubleshoot and repair any existing electrical problems.
You should seek these skills in your Electrician:
- Significant experience working in a previous Electrician role.
- High level of knowledge when it comes to electrical safety codes and procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to follow technical instructions and electrical blueprints.
- Ability to draft up electrical plans.
- Rapid problem-solving skills.
Interviewing an Electrician
As Electricians have such specialised knowledge, hiring the right person for your team is essential. They need to be fast, safe and efficient workers with a high understanding and regard for safe construction practices. So, an interview is a perfect opportunity to find out if your candidate has these!
That’s why we have designed the following guide to aid you in the interview process. These example Electrician interview questions are designed to be used early in the interview stages to find if your candidate has both the cultural and skill requirements to join your team.
How to open the job interview
Even the most skilled Electricians may feel slightly nervous before their interview. However, this can lead to problems during your conversation with them.
A great way to combat this is to put your candidate at ease by asking a few more ‘chatty’ interview questions to help warm the conversation up. This only has to last a few minutes but will make a massive difference over time.