A Procurement Manager is an essential part of the logistics team, who will liaise and negotiate with suppliers of goods or services to bring these into your business. They will be negotiation experts and ensure the business is getting the best possible price for what it is buying, as well as ensuring that it reaches your warehouses on time.
Essential parts of a Procurement Manager’s job description:
- A Procurement Manager will work closely with stakeholders outside of the business, including suppliers of goods and delivery services.
- They will liaise closely with Logistic Managers and Warehouse Associates to manage expectations, keep the logistics timeline up to date and ensure the warehouse is ready to receive orders.
- Procurement Managers will be experts in their industry and help Supply Chain Managers in locating and onboarding new suppliers.
- This role can also be called Buyer or Purchasing Manager.
- They are typically employers in the E-Commerce, wholesale, fashion and food industries.