A Full Stack Developer is a specialised developer who works on both the front end and back end of a product, software or site. They will have coding knowledge that allows them to work on the functionality, maintenance and look of the product they’re working on. Due to their versatile skillset, they will often help with communication between design and development teams too.
Essential parts of a Full Stack Developer’s job description:
- Full Stack Developers will work most closely with other developers, including Web Developers and Front and Back End Developers.
- Their extensive knowledge will mean they also work closely with design, UX, UI and marketing teams.
- Often, Full Stack Developers can help to streamline communication between different departments and the developers.
- Full Stack Developers can be hired in a variety of industries, from E-Commerce and tech companies to healthcare and gaming.
- A Full Stack Developer can also be called a Full Stack Engineer.