Painters are perfectionists, with the ability to completely transform a room or property’s image. They can use a number of tools, materials, and resources to turn a client or customer’s image into a reality.
You should seek these skills in your Painter:
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Knowledge of construction site safety behaviours and regulations.
- Great knowledge of paint materials and tools.
- Great negotiation skills and communication ability.
- Knowledge of painting trends and industry updates.
Interviewing a Painter
Painters will need to work to a high standard and be able to adapt and work with clients to fit their needs. Since this role requires high technical ability as well as communication skills, it is important to assess these qualities in the interview process.
These example Painter interview questions are the best way to do this.
How to open the job interview
If your candidate is too nervous, it can negatively impact their performance. Combatting this can be done quickly and easily by asking a couple of low-pressure opening questions that warm up the conversation and set the candidate at ease.