When hiring a controller you should look for:
- Great communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Time management skills and practice in prioritisation.
- It would be beneficial for you to find a candidate that already has some years experience in the industry, or has got plenty of accredited qualifications.
- From the questions you ask you should get a feeling that the candidate fully understands processes but also has some good interpersonal skills.
Interviewing a Controller
Are you searching for an excellent Controller to join the team? Then it will soon be time to get to know the candidates a little better in an interview. With our interview questions designed for Controllers, your interview is prepared quickly and easily.
Please note: Our interview questions are suggestions for the earlier stages of the application process and for candidates with average work experience. They are therefore a little more general.
How to open the job interview
Interviews naturally breed nerves, so the first part of your interview should aim to make the candidate feel comfortable speaking with you, you’ll get much more information out of them and a better sense of the person they are if they feel like they can trust the environment they are in.
To do this you can ask some fun and interesting questions linked to the role, they should be open-ended and encourage conversation.