When hiring your next Tax Advisor some of the most important traits to look out for are:
- Organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail. Tax Advisors, of course, tend to deal with a lot of sensitive information and data.
- It’s also going to be essential that you find someone with the correct qualifications.
- Some years experience would be ideal, but it’s not essential with their qualifications.
- Ideally you’ll find someone who is a good problem solver.
- Can look forward to improving tax strategies to improve the company’s finances.
Interviews naturally breed nerves, so the first part of your interview should aim to make the candidate feel comfortable speaking with you, you’ll get much more information out of them and a better sense of the person they are if they feel like they can trust the environment they are in.
To do this you can ask some fun and interesting questions linked to the role, they should be open ended and encourage conversation. A good place to start is with behavioural questions.