Communications Specialists are exceptional at crafting content and carefully worded communications to present your brand to the world. They know what works best for both internal and external communications.
Skills you should try to find in your Communications Specialist:
- A real people person who loves to collaborate with others, both internally and externally
- Extremely organised with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Experience communicating across a variety of different channels
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbally
- Analytical mindset to be able to track campaign performance and gain valuable insights
Interviewing a Communications Specialist
Do you need a new Communications Specialist in your team? With our interview questions designed for Communications Specialists you’ll be able to prepare for the interview quickly, easily, and efficiently.
Our interview questions are suggestions for the earlier stages of the interview process and for candidates with average work experience. That’s why they are somewhat general and best asked early on during the interview process.
How to open the job interview
Interviews naturally breed nerves. No matter how confident the candidate, a job interview can still be scary and cause a person to shut down. So the first part of your interview should aim to make the candidate feel comfortable speaking with you. You’ll get much more information out of them and a better sense of the person they are if they feel like they can trust the environment they are in.
To achieve this, you can ask a few simple opening questions to get the conversation started.