We are a SaaS company born in Florence, Italy in 2016 with the mission of simplifying the way people ship, track and return their e-commerce orders by creating a technological layer capable of handling the complexity of Shipping & Logistics.
We are an international scale-up where people from different countries, cultures, and languages work together every day to deliver innovation.
This is reflected in every product we build but also in the attention and care for the people that are working in our company.
We are currently scaling our business by leveraging our technology, our team, and our international culture. We are 60+ people in Europe and we have recently raised Series A funding from US investors, fueling our objectives. It is now time to grow even more and increase our talented tech team with engineers that want to contribute to the development of our products.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
Location: Our offices are in Florence, Italy. However, this job can be performed fully remotely from anywhere in different European countries ( i.e. Turkey, Greece, Hungary, Croatia, Romania, Bulgary). Timezone -/+3 CET (Central European Time).
What you will do
- Working as part of a product development team, developing new features of our cloud-based solution, hosted in AWS, with quality and efficiency
- Collaborate with different teams and colleagues across the company and different disciplines to solve deployment, monitoring, and diagnostic capability
- Design, build and maintain high traffic, scalable services
- End-to-End ownership of what you deliver, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, runbooks, and post-release metrics
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
- You will be contributing to the engineering strategy and development, operation, and maintenance of the microservices in our application
- You will move fast: look for new ideas, quickly prototype, test, and move to production; which includes proposing and adopting new frameworks and technologies
- You'll be working with development and product management teams to define user story acceptance criteria, break down complex stories into tasks, estimates, plan, and then deliver
What you will bring to the table:
- Proven experience as a Fullstack Developer or similar role (5+ years)
- Excellent knowledge of PHP and at least one framework (Laravel, Symfony, …)
- Knowledge Containers & Container Orchestration-like systems (Docker, Kubernetes, …)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Software package management (composer, NPM, apt, …)
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB ) and web servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx)
- Experience integrating with APIs that use REST, gRPC, SOAP, and other technologies
- Ability to work with Agile e Kanban methodologies
- Fluent Italian and English speaker
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
What we can offer:
- Remote working options. You can either work fully remote, in our state-of-the-art (literally!) office in Florence (right in the city center) or a hybrid solution.
- Supplementary health care to cover medical, dental, and vision needs.
- Pick your laptop, we offer a selection to best suit your needs.
- No clocking in/out. We don’t believe in micromanaging and our working relationships are based on mutual trust, that’s why we don’t require our team to clock in and out of work.
- Our tech stack is constantly evolving (thanks to people like you!). It is currently hosted in the cloud of AWS, written in PHP and React (Typescript, Redux, Tailwind, …)
- Growth and learning opportunities. We believe that in order to grow as a company, our team also needs to continue learning and developing.
- Meal pearks: Whether you are working from home, from the office or from wherever you want, you can enjoy your meal voucher everyday. Getting hungry?
- Free coffee policy. We are an international team, but our HQ is in Italy, hence we do take coffee breaks very seriously. Hot drinks are on us, and occasionally, Aperitivo too!
- No dress code. That’s right, no formal attire is required.
**We are a people-centric organization with one mission: “Make People Work Better”.
Are you determined to beat off the challenges this role brings? Send your application to join us.