Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, headquartered in Switzerland and operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure, and convenient. We empower our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, our own stable coin CHF and tokenized assets are seamlessly integrated in one account.
About the role
Are you passionate about
- legal and regulatory topics in a fast-pacing environment?
- Independently manage drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts?
- finding solutions and inspiring others?
- blockchain and digital assets?
- leading a talented and motivated legal team?
- a hands-on lawyer, eager to push tasks over the finish line?
- able to balance multiple complex situations in order to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency and quality standards?
- an emphatic team player and able to work under pressure and independently?
- keen to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and interdisciplinary scale-up bank?
- curious about financial services/technology/cryptocurrencies/blockchain/ICOs
and related legal solutions?
- able to develop and inspire high performing teams, focus on growing a business and retaining an engaged workforce?
Do you have a track record
- in working effectively with specialist from a range of business fields and evidence of technical expertise to manage complex legal engagements in close collaboration with others?
- in dealing with a broad range of legal and regulatory topics in the financial industry?
If this holds true, we want you on the team.
- Drive and further develop a corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the bank’s matters as well as to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities
- Provide legal advisory services in a regulated financial services environment and for general corporate matters
- Support our Executive Team and Business in legal & regulatory matters regarding daily business and financial services operations
- Drive legal & regulatory projects regarding strategic developments, including implementation of processes related to legal & compliance department of a financial institution
- Support new business concepts and put complex products and innovative business ideas on a solid legal framework
- Analyse, draft and further develop overall contractual framework
- Draft and negotiate business contracts as well as provide corresponding advisory services to all Business areas of the bank
- Handling of legal procedures of any kind (e.g. for litigation cases coordination of the cooperation with external counsel)
- Handling of requests by authorities and maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant local and federal governmental bodies in cooperation with our General Counsel.
- A law degree (Swiss University) and bar admission (Switzerland)
- Minimum 7-8 years of proven and broad experience as a lawyer in financial services industry as an inhouse counsel, ideally combined with experience as regulatory advisor in an international environment
- Substantial experience with Swiss and international contracts and strong negotiation skills with a proven ability to leadcontract negotiations and to deal directly with senior client counsels
- Profound functional knowledge in relevant areas of law, i.e. banking law, corporate matters and contract law in general, web3 and regulatory matters (Swiss laws and regulations and preferably EU financial law concepts, ideally also from Singapore)
- Conceptual thinker with strong analytical and technical skills as well as courage to provide clear guidance based on own assessments
- Problem-solving ability and mental flexibility to find pragmatic solutions supporting the Business with innovative products and business concepts
- Goal and results oriented, able to work with minimal direction and providing hands-on and practicable solutions (with a good commercial business sense)
- English on a full professional proficiency level
Nice to have:
- Experience with Singapore based companies and financial services in Singapore
- Further qualifications (i.e. LLM/MBA)
- Join a young and fast moving scale up and digital asset bank with agile working environment and fast decision cycles
- Freedom to own your decisions and take responsibility, full ownership of your function
- An amazing, diverse, highly skilled, international and motivated team of professionals
- Being at the forefront of regulatory innovation in the FinTech/DLT sector
- The chance to be part of a movement shaping the future of our world’s financial system
- The opportunity to deal with legal challenges related to traditional as well as new technologies
If you’re passionate about the technological innovation in a banking environment and about tackling the legal challenges of a technology-oriented bank, then we are pleased to receive your CV, motivation- and reference letters.
About Sygnum Bank AG
Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, headquartered in Switzerland and operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and digital CHF and asset tokens are seamlessly integrated in one account.
Sygnum’s diverse and talented team of banking, investment and DLT experts is shaping the development of a trusted digital asset ecosystem with strategic partners including Swisscom and Deutsche Börse Group.