Jodel was launched in 2014. The idea of Jodel started when we realised that despite countless products in tech, there was no fast and simple way to connect with people around us.
The people behind Jodel are as diverse, creative and friendly as our users. We are a 80+ people strong team with over 17 nationalities represented in our Berlin HQ and all over the world. Each individual brings a different perspective and approach to the table - but all have the same drive and motivation to create the world’s hyperlocal community. Together, we are building the most successful social media platform in Europe, while still enjoying ourselves in this exciting journey.
Now we are looking for our next colleague to join the Jodel family.
Why we need you
Our moderation system is at the core of what we do. It enables our community members to shape their community and participate in this journey. Together with incredibly smart engineers, designers, data scientists, community managers and marketers you’re going to make our moderation system more accurate, more participative, faster and fun.
- Leading the product team as well as taking the complete ownership of the product roadmap, vision and strategy for the community happiness team
- Identify market opportunities in close collaboration with Designers, Analysts and Community Managers to ensure that those initiatives are valuable and viable to our users
- Working closely with Engineering and Quality Assurance to build and roll out new features while balancing the need for improving existing ones
- Validating concepts and features following an iterative process through product discovery and experimentation
- Defining success metrics and measure the impact of your initiatives to ensure that you provide both customer value and business value, including ROI
- Collaborating with peers and stakeholders to shape and maximize the impact of your roadmap across our product and all channels
- Extensive experience in Product Management for complex systems and processes
- Proven experience in building products that easily become a part of people’s daily habits with focus on behavioural design
- Sound understanding of moderation systems, their impact on the user experience and ability to understand complex problem spaces
- Technical background is a plus
- Passion for building products that impact millions of people with innovation as the norm – jobs to be done mentality is not an unknown word to you
- Analytical mindset with solid understanding of using a data-informed approach to problem solving
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing and key validation methods
- Fluid German is a must, as it is necessary to understand the nuances in moderation decisions
- Very good command of English, both spoken and written
What we offer
- An Empowered Team -- Engineering owns tech debt and tech improvement decisions; we collaborate tightly with our product team but we're all very mindful not to step on each other's toes. We own technical decisions, take responsibility and are accountable for them.
- Career building is part of the deal -- you don't join to just write tests and contribute to the product - you also join to improve your career. We pay special attention to your personal development and make sure you're focusing on the skills that matter the most to you.
- Lean processes -- we try hard to cut meetings and processes to a minimum, to ensure that you’re focusing on being productive. And we encourage all interactions to be direct and open, not forcing you to go through any intermediaries to get your work done.
- United in diversity -- with people from all over the world, from Tunisia to France, from India to Poland, we are multicultural by default and proud to be so. We all come from different walks of life and cultural backgrounds, and we continue to push for diversity in our team!
- We're building a team, not just making money -- we solve hard problems together but we also relax and have fun. From team cooking to going on company trips, from office parties to go-karting, we'll make sure you have a good work-life balance.
- No one else is doing what we're doing -- it's that simple. We're pioneering local communication and since communication is a basic human need, our work is just very very exciting. On top of that, we are one of the few large scale European Social Networks. There’s not that many and we're very proud to be "Made in Europe".