As our new Game UI Artist, you will create aesthetic and functional user interfaces for our mobile and social games. Join our diverse, creative, and engaging team. You will work closely with our talented and passionate artists as well as with other teams, including game design and development, to bring our games to life and make them accessible to our players globally.
The passion for creating high-quality games and the focus on a superior customer experience have made GameDuell one of the largest cross-platform games communities in the world. Since 2003, more than 130 million players have played with us. GameDuell offers a broad portfolio of over 40 casual online skill games, developed mostly in-house.
- Design creative and playful user interfaces for our new and existing mobile and social game applications
- Create and refine UI elements, graphics, and animations (e.g., menus, icons, buttons, typography, visuals, etc.)
- Ensure the consistency of existing styles or co-create these for new games
- Work in close collaboration with other artists, UX, game designers, and developers
What we expect
- Completed studies in design, art, digital media, or similar field
- 2+ years of professional experience creating user interfaces, graphic design, and assets within fast iterating game production processes
- Skilled with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Unity
- A good workflow in creating clean files that allow for fast iteration and the creation of final art assets
- A solid understanding of fundamental design principles, usability, flows, and UI design
- Passion for (and obsession with) casual games and mobile interfaces (beyond interacting with them when commuting or only in a moment of free time)
- Basic knowledge of source control software (Git, SVN, similar)
- A plus: - Creating digital art based on a given style - Animation experience
What we offer
- Creative freedom to develop the best possible products and inspire peers and foremost our audience by providing an extraordinary game experience
- Cooperative team work in an agile and pleasant work environment (full of plants, color, and laughter)
- A funny, multi-disciplined and international art team
- One of the best working spaces in Berlin: our office in Mitte, between Alexanderplatz and Friedrichstraße! Includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, gaming events, weekly Art Hours, sports courses, and a sunny rooftop terrace, and much more!
- Flexible working hours
- Mobile office during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
- Starting: immediately, full time
We are an ecological and socially sustainable company and have our very own “Green Team” which implements ideas and initiatives to help protect our environment and for charity. As a games community, we take our social responsibility seriously. We are co-founders of the “Leaders for Climate Action” and have committed ourselves to becoming carbon neutral.
- We pay attention to environmental friendly and resource-efficient standards when purchasing our office and food supplies
- We match your charity donations
- Join our “Green Team” and you can actively engage with charities and help to protect our environment by directly taking part in many of our green initiatives
- Social responsibility begins with each of us. Our corporate culture is characterized by mutual trust and respect. Our open and international team welcomes and respects diversity
Say "hello" to our recruiter Chi!
We look forward to receiving your complete and detailed application. Please send your application including work samples as PDF with the subject ‘Game UI Artist *’.
*GameDuell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Any terms referring to people are valid for all genders whether male, female, or diverse.
GameDuell – Bringing people together to have a good time with games
The passion for creating high-quality games and the focus on superior customer experience have made GameDuell one of the largest cross-platform games communities in the world. With millions of registered players across all platforms the Berlin based company counts among the leading casual and social games providers in the Western markets. Founded in 2003 by Kai Bolik, Michael Kalkowski and Boris Wasmuth GameDuell offers a broad portfolio of over 40 casual online games, mostly developed in-house, such as Fluffy, Maya Pyramid, Bubble Speed, Jungle Jewels and game classics like Hearts, Solitaire and Pool. GameDuell is expanding strongly across different platforms and offers its competitive games on the popular game site as well as on social networks and mobile devices.
Information Technology and Services