About First Momentum Ventures
- First Momentum is one of this generation's most special venture capital funds.
- We are one of the youngest VCs in Europe, the first European team to build a VC fund while in college, and are now taking off with our second €40-50m fund.
- Over the last years, we have invested in ~30 pre-seed startups, focusing on B2B and (deep) tech companies, and have become one of the best-known pre-seed and tech investors in Germany.
- Since then, many of our portfolio companies have raised successful follow-on funding from top European and US investors.
- With our new fund, we are taking First Momentum to the next level and continuing to build one of the best pre-seed VCs in Europe!
- We have built an ecosystem of over 150 startup enthusiasts in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
An essential part of First Momentum is our Venture Scouts, representing us in their ecosystems and helping identify the most exciting startups and teams. We already have over 150 Venture Scouts in various locations in the DACH region and are always looking for energetic reinforcements!
Disclaimer: The position of Venture Scout is unpaid, but for successful startup referrals, we pay a bounty.
Apply via Join: https://join.com/companies/firstmomentum12/9806005-venture-scout-remote-in-dach
- You act as First Momentum’s eyes and ears in your local startup scene and identify exciting founders and startups
- You wear your First Momentum hat at events, hackathons, or conferences, making especially technical founders aware of our fund
- You act as a bridge between your local startup scene and First Momentum, maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- You share your domain knowledge with us when assessing startups in the deal-flow
- You are interested in the venture capital and startup world
- You know your local startup ecosystem and the important players
- You are closely connected to one of the universities in your city as a student or research assistant
- You burn for one area of deep tech or in general for B2B
- You work independently and enjoy tackling challenging tasks
- Built a personal network with founders, startup teams, investors, and other startup enthusiasts (online and offline)
- Learn how a VC works through different workshops but also on the job by sourcing and reviewing startups
- Learn more about technologies and deep tech verticals through different virtual sessions
- Fast-track your career in venture capital, at a startup, or building your own venture
- Attend startup events