Port8 LTD is a young, dynamic software start-up from Mostar - Bosnia and Herzegovina. Currently, we are developing modern property technology SaaS applications for the Swiss company emonitor. Together we change the real estate industry with digital systems and make sure that every tenant finds the right apartment. Our customers range from real estate management companies to cities and cooperatives.
Our belief is that trust and independence is the biggest key to developing an innovative and productive work environment. Therefore we count on proactive thinking and purpose-driven mentalities from our team members.
Flexible and family-friendly working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow your career focused on back-end development.
What we provide:
- Flexible and family-friendly working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow your career
- We offer trust-based working hours and the option to work remotely from all over Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Paid maternity leave and paternity leave
- Special days off
- Our referral fee program recognizes and appreciates your efforts in bringing skilled professionals to our team.
- Space for creativity and taking ownership
- An inspiring international team, a fun, and productive environment
- Proactively participate in the breakdown of complex problems into deliverables
- Proactively participate in code reviews, testing, and release cycles
- Implement user features and business logic by designing REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Design and implement unit and functional tests
- Implement analytical aspects of features - feature tracking, report generation, analysis, visualization, data collection and management
- Determine and implement needed performance optimizations
- Determine and implement needed code refactoring to reduce technical debt
- You are driven by the immediate impact of your work in the hands of users
- You enjoy working in a team
- You are always solution-oriented with excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- You can communicate complex topics clearly and quickly
- You can break complex problems into meaningful deliverables
- You have a growth mindset and enjoy learning new things
- You are self-motivated and proactive
- Deep knowledge of modern Python, and automated testing principles
- Understanding of SOLID/DRY/YAGNI principles, clean code, design patterns, and scalable architecture design
- Ability to give meaningful code reviews, and send tested PRs
- Workable knowledge of our technical stack or willingness to specialize in it quickly (Django, Celery, PyTest, PostgreSQL)
- Workable knowledge of Git, and UNIX-based systems
- Experience in working in a team utilizing efficient Git flow workflows (understanding principles of CI&CD, participating in code reviews, you understand basics of GitOps)
- Workable knowledge of using modern Cloud-based infrastructure (Kubernetes, Helm, CloudSQL, BigQuery)
- Workable knowledge of identifying, troubleshooting, and debugging performance issues
Optional, but good to have:
- Experience working with Geo-spatial data
- Experience working with or building data analytics pipelines
- Experience building micro-service-oriented architectures
- Experience with statically typed languages (Go/Rust/Kotlin/Swift/Java)
- Experience with SQL, and SQL optimizations
- Experience with DevOps or MLOps
Does this sound like a good next step in your career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. We also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in this job description. Even if you think you only fill 60% of the requirements for this role – we would still like to consider your application.