How do you spot a great copywriter during an interview? Here are some important traits you should be looking for:
- They are both creative and an analytical thinker – they can look at data to help determine the next campaign.
- They are passionate about brands.
- They understand the impact and importance of SEO on their work as well as having a great team to achieve results.
- Ideally they will be a very good communicator and have good time management skills to help juggle multiple projects.
- Good candidates will be quick learners and be energised by teaching people new things.
Interviews naturally breed nerves, so the first part of your interview should aim to make the candidate feel comfortable speaking with you, you’ll get much more information out of them and a better sense of the person they are if they feel like they can trust the environment they are in.
To do this you can ask some fun and interesting questions linked to the role, they should be open ended and encourage conversation. A good place to start is with behavioural questions.