Communications Managers are experts at delivering your brand’s message, both internally and externally. They have a great understanding of your product, organisation, and brand, and know how to effectively communicate it to the world.
You should look for the following skills in your Communications Manager:
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- A storyteller by heart who knows how to best communicate your brand’s story
- Sales-driven mindset that can use communication to sell your products and services
- Strategic thinking to set up large-scale, cross-functional campaigns
- Confidence and the ability to present in front of large audiences
Interviewing a Communications Manager
Are you on the lookout for a new Communications Manager? Then you will soon have to invite the candidate over for a job interview to get to know them a bit better. Our job-specific Communications Manager interview questions ensure you ask the right questions to uncover whether your candidate has the right skill set.
The interview questions we give you below are suggestions for the earlier stages of the interview process and for candidates with average work experience as a Communications Manager. They are therefore a little more general than the questions you might want to ask during a second or third interview.