As a Senior Data Engineer at Zenjob you will transform all of our business requirements into innovative Business Intelligence solutions, which effectively support our business. The focus of this role is data modeling for data warehousing. You are responsible for the development of the ETL code. Furthermore, you will deploy and monitor all data products including DWH, ETL Framework, and Data Streaming. We would like you to develop and deploy a Cloud based infrastructure (AWS) as a valid solution. If you would like to join a friendly team, with limitless potential and an open-minded future driven mindset, you are welcome to join.
To be successful in this position the most important thing is to live our values #humble, #honest, #helpful and #hungry. So we are looking for a data driven team player. We don’t hire on special tools, but here you will find what we are looking for from the skill side of view:
Zenjob is a Berlin-based jobs marketplace with a goal to empower the workforce of tomorrow with innovative technology. We envision a world in which everyone has full control over their working life. We already enable part-time jobbers to decide when, where and how to work with just a few clicks. Our service is available in over 30 cities in Germany and with our recent launch in the Netherlands, we want to gradually open up new international markets.
What you’ll do
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and maintaining a full stack Data Warehouse solution (RDBMS).
- Studies in Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in data modeling for analytical databases as a basis for BI visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Metabase) is required.
- ETL / ELT (incl. PL/pgSQL, Python, Bash), agile working and Data Streaming experience (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) are must-haves.
- S3 Data Lake, Stitch, AWS Glue, Kafka, Snowplow, Redshift.
- Experience in optimizing SQL queries for performance is a must.
- Reliability and consistency in your ability to deliver on commitments; meeting time-lines and anticipating business teams' needs.
- Fluent in English.
Welcome, but not necessary:
- Database Development and Administration Knowledge based on open source technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL) is a plus.
- Proficiency in building real time data flows is a plus.
- German is a plus.
What we offer
- Relocation support and visa sponsorship
- Parental support: first 10 days of child sick time off is covered by Zenjob
- A supportive, open, and fun team that will have your back from day 1
- 28 days of vacation (increases based on tenure to up to 30 days), 1 day special leave paid for charity work, 5 days of paid educational leave, option of unpaid leave
- Hybrid work set-up combining office & remote work, flexible working hours, bring your dog policy
- Ongoing focus on your personal development (annual development budget of EUR 750, mentoring opportunities, continuous career conversations)
- 30 EUR subsidy on Urban Sports Club, 25% discount on FitX gym membership
- 40 EUR credit for Rydes - a sustainable mobility solution spanning public transport, bike sharing, etc.
- Tax-free meal allowance (saving ~50€ net per month!)
- Quarterly team events, winter party, summer party, budget for employee's birthdays & anniversaries
Check out our culture video to see how it's like to work at Zenjob: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H9EC\_ce3jU&t=107s
If this sounds good, then we'd love to find out more about you! Apply and send in your application.