Yokoy is an award-winning Swiss FinTech company that leverages Artificial Intelligence to fully automate spend management (expenses, supplier invoices, and corporate credit/debit cards) for midsize and bigger corporations globally. With more than 50 employees and offices in Zürich, Vienna, and Munich, Yokoy is already operating globally and has big ambitions to expand further within Europe and intercontinentally.
As a Web Mobile Developer you will work on maintaining and further developing the Yokoy software (SaaS) by building and testing new features, advancing the technology for scalability, and ensuring reliability. Yokoy is based on the newest technology available on the market, which makes your work extremely exciting. The Engineer role is a crucial position for us as Yokoy is growing fast on a global scale, which requires a product that can keep up with the speed without compromising on quality 🚀
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing new features and user interfaces from wireframe and design models
- Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application
- Fixing bugs and performance problems
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code
- Cooperating with back-end developers, designers, product managers and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions.
- Proficiency with the mobile app framework Ionic and the programme language TypeScript
- Strong expertise with HTML5, CSS (incl. Precompilers like Sass)
- Relevant work experience and the ability to work independently is key for this position
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Speaking English is required and German is a plus
- Attractive development opportunities within Yokoy. You get the opportunity to implement ideas yourself and own your projects and grow.
- The chance to actively shape part of the marketing strategy - because we bring in the best people to learn from them.
- FinTech startup atmosphere with a young team and a great corporate culture - since we are moving in a fast-growing environment, we are even more dependent on everyone going above and beyond and giving full commitment - but at the same time, we also celebrate milestones achieved and individual successes to charge energy for the incredibly exciting journey ahead.
- Flexible working hours - everyone has his or her personal high-performance times when he or she is most productive. You have found your time? Perfect, with us it's the output that counts, not when you produced it.
Our Hiring process:
We see hiring as a human process. A two-way conversation to see if there is a good fit between you and us. As a startup growing quickly, we also like to keep things streamlined, and currently, our process won’t include a live task or whiteboard exercises.
An idea of your hiring journey with us:
- First introductory meeting with Talent Acquisition
- Second Round: 30-40 min conversation with our tech and product leads
- Last Round: 1 hour conversation with the engineering team to get to know each other and see if you would be excited to work together
Please send your complete application with:
- Additional links/information to any projects you are proud to share
This is important to us: Yokoy is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.