Vanilla Steel is a digital B2B platform serving the European metal industry with data and innovation and the mission of simplifying how steel and other metals are traded today.
We are a team of passionate tech entrepreneurs that combine more than 50 years of digital experiences with a passion for solving existing challenges through digitization.
It is an exciting time to join Vanilla Steel as we recently raised financing from some of the best European VCs to grow our team and expand our business.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who wants to join an exciting early-stage start-up in its growth phase as a Sales & Account Manager for the Italian market to work closely with our senior management and a highly motivated team.
The role is based in Berlin but remote work can be considered for candidates with unique local access to Italian customers.
As Sales & Account Manager, your responsibilities will be to support Vanilla Steel in their objectives of growing the business as well as building sustainable and profitable operations. You will be exposed to a broad range of areas of the company that will evolve in parallel with the needs of Vanilla Steel:
- Manage the Italian market, the 2nd biggest market for metals in the European region
- Arrange business meetings and calls, executions of contracts and transactions.
- Drive sales strategy and build your own portfolio of key accounts in the region
- Leverage existing client relationships. Be the key account manager for our italian customer base with both suppliers and customers coverage
- Manage operational activities of the trading platform (prepare transactional data and order confirmations)
- Generate brokerage and trading activity in Italian market on behalf of Vanilla Steel
- Analyse and report on operational processes to increase efficiencies and scalability
- Take ownership of specific projects in the fields of Business development in Italian market
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, results-oriented and target-driven mentality
- Between 2y and 20y of experiences in sales and account management. We are happy to consider young smart new professionals as well as steel veterans!
- A track record of achievements in delivering sales and P&L either as a steel/metal trader or in a digital marketplace while covering in the Italian market
- Strong quantitative skills, structured thinking and hands-on attitude
- Solid organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in using large databases (Google-Suite, CRMs and LinkedIn)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in metals industry is strongly preferred
- Italian as mother tongue. Proficiency in English
- Direct report to the Founders, work closely with an experienced and driven team
- Unrivalled autonomy and ownership on expanding our coverage in the Italian market
- Competitive compensation based on experience and performance
- Flexibility on the partnership
- Open and fun shared working environment/culture