Vanilla Steel is a digital B2B platform serving the European metal industry with data and innovation with the mission of simplifying how steel and other metals are traded today.
We are a team of passionate tech entrepreneurs that combine more than 50 years of digital experiences with a passion for solving existing challenges through digitization.
We are looking for outstanding working students who want to join an exciting early stage start-up in its growth phase as a Sales Development Representative to join our Sales Department.
It is an exciting time to join Vanilla Steel as we are rapidly growing our business operations and are offering a challenging but rewarding work environment with a steep learning curve.
The role is based in Berlin.
As a Sales Development Representative , your primary responsibility will be to leverage your excellent communication skills and experience in sales or business development to gain new customers. You will play a crucial role in driving the growth of our company by engaging with potential new customers, generating leads, and assisting in various sales and business development activities. Your tasks will include:
- Working closely with our Chief Commercial Officer Simon generating qualified leads for him and the rest of the sales team
- Engaging with potential customers and building relationships: You will actively communicate with prospects through various channels, such as phone calls, emails, and social media, to introduce Vanilla Steel and identify potential business opportunities.
- Lead generation and qualification support: You will research and identify potential leads, gather relevant information, and qualify them based on predefined criteria. This will involve conducting market research, analyzing customer profiles, and maintaining a lead database.
- Market analysis and Sales Analytics: You will gather market intelligence, monitor industry trends, and analyze customer segments to identify potential areas for business growth. You will leverage analytics to improve growth metrics and conversion rates
- Autonomous, proactive & great team player
- A hunter´s mindset - not afraid to pick up the phone
- Strong communication and sales skills
- Willing to take part in our entrepreneurial journey with a can-do attitude.
- Willing to learn, open to giving and receiving feedback
- 0 to 2 years of experience in Sales. First Sales or Business Development experience would be a plus
- First experience in cold calling is also a plus but not necessary as you will be trained
- Analytical mindset: You should have the ability to analyze customer data, identify trends, and draw meaningful insights to support sales strategies and decision-making.
- Perfect English communication skills. Professional proficiency in at least one of the following languages: German, Spanish, French, or Italian.
- First hand experience with an exciting Berlin tech startup on a steep growth curve
- Fast-paced environment and strong company culture for high performing individuals
- Work with an experienced and entrepreneurial team, keen to train and invest in you
- Open and fun shared working environment/culture
- Unrivaled autonomy and ownership
- Competitive compensation with flexible working hours
- Office located in the heart of Berlin (Kulturbrauerei, Prenzlauer Berg)