Who are we?
Vanilla Steel is a digital B2B platform serving the European metal industry with data and innovation and the mission of simplifying how steel and other metals are traded today.
We are a team of passionate tech entrepreneurs that combine more than 50 years of digital experiences with a passion for solving existing challenges through digitization.
It is an exciting time to join Vanilla Steel as we recently raised our Seed financing from some of the best European VCs to grow our team and expand our business.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who wants to join an exciting early stage start-up in its growth phase as an Entrepreneur in Residence to work closely with our senior management and a highly motivated team.
The role is based in Berlin.
What are your responsibilities?
As Entrepreneur in Residence, your responsibilities will be to support Vanilla Steel in their objectives of growing the business as well as building sustainable and profitable operations. You will be exposed to a broad range of areas of the company that will evolve in parallel with the needs of Vanilla Steel:
- Take ownership of specific projects in the fields of Business development
- Analyze and report on operational processes to increase efficiencies and scalability
- Perform and analyze sales initiatives to drive top-line growth
- Support Vanilla Steel in lead pre-qualification and perform outbound prospecting to companies via email, social selling tools (LinkedIn) and cold calls etc.
- Support operational activities of the trading platform (prepare transactional data and order confirmations)
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Recent graduate and high achiever
- A self-starter with a track record of achievements
- Ambitious, results-oriented and target-driven mentality
- Strong quantitative skills, structured thinking and hands-on attitude
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in using large databases (Google-Suite, CRMs and LinkedIn)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English / additional language is a plus
- First hand experience with an exciting Berlin tech startup on a steep growth curve
- Work closely with an experienced team, keen to train and invest on you
- Unrivalled autonomy and ownership on projects
- Open and fun shared working environment/culture
- Competitive compensation