Vanilla Steel is a digital B2B platform serving the European metal industry with data and innovation and the mission of simplifying how steel and other metals are traded today.
We are a team of passionate tech entrepreneurs that combine more than 50 years of digital experiences with a passion for solving existing challenges through digitization.
It is an exciting time to join Vanilla Steel as we recently raised Seed financing from the best European VCs to grow our tech team to build a world-class product and we are looking for a talented Product Manager to join our core tech team. The role is based in Berlin.
As Product Manager, you will be empowered to have ownership within specific product lines. You will work closely with the Founding team and existing product team to execute the product vision. You will be responsible to deliver an outstanding product to address the needs of the metal industry. You will cover the entire product lifecycle from product requirements, feature descriptions, prioritization, documentation, testing and release.
You’ll be passionate about product and user experience – with customer needs at the heart of what you do. Specifically, you will:
- Have a key impact on shaping the product vision together with the Founders, ultimately building the product roadmaps to get us there
- Be the voice of the customer within the technology team to inform product decisions and bring best in class features to market that address our users' needs
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team, comprising software developers and business developers
- Gather user requirements, write problem statements, hypotheses, and estimate opportunities
- Create UX wireframes and workflow diagrams, design rapid prototypes for features
- Write epics, user stories, use cases and test cases; perform User Acceptance Testing
- Write insights documents to share captured value and to recommend product decisions
- Define and analyze product metrics, and iterate quickly to deliver an optimal customer experience
- 2+ years of product or project management in a technology organization
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with a high level of initiative, and the ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business partners
- Experience with the methods of agile project management (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or equivalent preferred
- Self-starter, able to deliver projects on time meeting high quality standards.
- Proficiency in English; German language skills is a plus
- Unique opportunity to join a promising Berlin B2B start-up as an early employee
- Work closely with an experienced Founder team
- Unrivalled autonomy with flexible schedules and ownership
- Open and fun shared working environment/culture
- Office located in the heart of Berlin
- Competitive compensation