Vanilla Steel is a new digital B2B platform serving the European steel industry supported by data and innovation with the mission of simplifying how steel and other metals are traded today. We offer an e-auction platform where sellers list new material weekly and buyers can bid for it.
We are a team of passionate tech entrepreneurs that combine more than 50 years of digital experiences with a passion for solving existing challenges through digitization.
It is an exciting time to join Vanilla Steel as we recently raised financing from the best European VCs to grow our tech team to build a world-class product and we are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our tech team. The role is based in Berlin.
We are looking for someone who is self-driven and ambitious, and with solid experience in frameworks like HTML, CSS and JQuery on the Front-end and Golang and Node.js on the Back-end.
As Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for delivering a truly innovative digital experience for our users by leveraging best in-class solutions and technologies..
- Design, develop and optimize data structures, features and backend endpoints
- Build stable, secure and maintainable code
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Develop high-leverage user-facing features to optimize UX
- Provide high-quality graphics and visual elements.
- Work closely with a small agile development team.
- 4+ years Full Stack development experience
- You worked on at least one published project like a marketplace or platform
- Proven expert in Golang, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud, Docker, Git
- Test-driven development is not new
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment, remotely and on-site
- Passion for clean code
- Strong understanding of different software development practices, infrastructure, and how each can help bring more value to customers
- Self-starter, able to deliver projects on time meeting high quality standards
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English; German language skills is a plus
- Unique opportunity to join a promising Berlin B2B start-up as an early employee
- Work closely with an experienced Founder team
- Unrivalled autonomy with flexible schedules and ownership
- Open and fun shared working environment/culture
- Office located in the heart of Berlin. Laptop assigned. Apple/Linux/Windows.
- Competitive compensation with equity incentives