Who are we?
Vanilla Steel is a digital B2B platform serving the European metal industry with data and innovation and the mission of simplifying how steel and other metals are traded today.
We are a team of passionate tech entrepreneurs that combine more than 50 years of digital experiences with a passion for solving existing challenges through digitization.
It is an exciting time to join Vanilla Steel as we recently raised our Seed financing from some of the best European VCs to grow our team and expand our business.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who wants to join an exciting early stage start-up in its growth phase as a Sales & Operations Working Student to work closely with our senior management and a highly motivated team.
The role is based in Berlin.
What are your responsibilities?
As Sales & Operations Working Student, your responsibilities will be to support Vanilla Steel in their objectives of growing the business as well as building sustainable and profitable operations. You will be exposed to a broad range of areas of the company that will evolve in parallel with the needs of Vanilla Steel. Your first tasks will be to:
- Support Vanilla Steel in their sales activity (pre-qualification of leads, preparation of meetings, market research etc.) in DACH
- Perform outbound prospecting to companies via email, social selling tools (LinkedIn) and cold calls etc.
- Structure sales operations and processes (customer database, customer onboarding, CRM reporting)
- Support the HR-department (cold outreach to potential candidates, pre-screening candidates, preparation of HR documents)
- Support operational activities of the trading platform (prepare transactional data and order confirmations)
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Recent grad or working towards a degree
- A self-starter with a track record of achievements
- German (mother tongue/C2), proficiency in English (C1)/ Additional foreign language would be a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious, results-oriented and target-driven mentality
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in using large databases (Google-Suite, CRMs and LinkedIn)
- Student position for 10h-20h per week
- Contribution on the long-run (ideally 1 to 2 years) as a fully-fledged team member
- International work environment, flexible working hours, work from home policy
- First hand experience with an exciting Berlin tech startup on a steep growth curve
- Work closely with senior management, keen to train and invest in you
- Open and fun shared working environment/culture
- Competitive compensation