Vanilla Steel is a digital B2B platform serving the European metal industry with data and innovation and the mission of simplifying how steel and other metals are traded today.
We are a team of passionate tech entrepreneurs that combine more than 50 years of digital experiences with a passion for solving existing challenges through digitization.
It is an exciting time to join Vanilla Steel as we recently raised our Seed financing from some of the best European VCs to grow our team and expand our business.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who wants to join an exciting early stage start-up in its growth phase as an Operations Analyst to work closely with our senior management and a highly motivated team.
The role is based in Berlin.
As Operations Analyst, your responsibilities will be to support the sales team and Operations Manager in flawlessly executing sales support and operations processes. You will be exposed to a broad range of areas of the company that will evolve in parallel with the needs of Vanilla Steel:
- Execute operational activities of the trading platform (ensure smooth launch of new material listings, support post-transaction processes)
- Manage the Request-for-Quote process - receiving and tracking new RFQs, matching to suppliers, and sourcing offers from qualified suppliers
- Support in solving trading-related inquiries - logistics, payments, order statuses
- Support Account Managers in communications with customers and third parties
- Proactively improve processes & recommending improvements to efficiency and scalability
- Recent graduate with first experience in an operational role
- Strong quantitative skills - able to handle large amounts of data, fluent in Excel / Google Sheets
- Solution-oriented and perfectionist mentality, great attention to detail
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- First hand experience with an exciting Berlin tech startup on a steep growth curve
- Work closely with an experienced team, keen to train and invest on you
- Unrivalled autonomy and ownership on projects
- Open and fun shared working environment/culture
- Competitive compensation