In a team of passionate data scientists, you will develop the analytics that powers our cutting-edge solutions for the heavy industry.
- You are well accustomed to working with noisy and unlabelled data. You know how to embed prior qualitative and quantitative knowledge into your model design and quantify the uncertainty of your model outputs.
- You create sound models that create actionable insights from raw machine data, covering a variety of topics such as predictive maintenance, machine activity detection and anomaly detection.
- You engage in data science as a "full-stack" function that can deliver on the entire range of data science, from cutting-edge machine learning to complex statistics.
- Data science is as much about asking questions as it is about providing answers. You challenge current assumptions by asking the right questions and work as a team in providing the best answers.
- Innovation is at the core of what we do. You engage with our domain experts and customers to drive innovation in all aspects of data science and engineering.
- For you, "science" is an integral part of data science. You enjoy following the latest trends and developments in the field and contributing back to the data science community through papers, blog posts or talks at conferences and meetups.
- Long-term sustainability and quality are key to what we do. You ensure that we engage in sound engineering and quality practices across the entire stack. You enjoy writing production-ready code including tests, documentation, etc.
You should bring
- At least five years experience of building data science models in a production environment
- Extensive knowledge of statistics, time series analysis and machine learning
- Working experience with Bayesian inference and unsupervised learning
- Proficient in the Python data science and ML stack (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, scipy)
- Full stack data science skills - from data pre-processing, model-building and selection to deployment in production
- Track record in professional software development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A keen desire to learn, a self-starter attitude and the ability to thrive in an interdisciplinary and diverse environment
- A graduate degree in a quantitative field
Nice to have
- Database concepts, container technology (Docker), cloud computing
- Experience in the Apache big data stack (e.g. Kafka, Spark)
- Experience working in an agile environment
We care about you. Here is a glimpse of what makes life at talpa__solutions special:
- Our culture is diverse and inclusive. We are one team with many voices.
- Continuous learning is key to our success. We want you to grow and offer trainings, hackathons and conferences.
- We believe in trust. You know how you operate at your best. Free choice of hardware and operating system, flexible working hours and remote working are some ways how we will support you.
- We want your life to be hassle-free. That’s why you will find free food & drinks in our kitchen.
- Bring your whole self to work and find a community. Whatever your passion, you will likely find like-minded people at talpasolutions.
- It is as a team that we operate at our best. We offer regular happiness activities that bring all of us together.