Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, headquartered in Switzerland and operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure, and convenient. We empower our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, our own stable coin CHF and tokenized assets are seamlessly integrated in one account.
About the role
Are you passionate about
- legal and regulatory topics in a fast-pacing environment?
- independently managing the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of contracts?
- finding solutions and inspiring others?
- blockchain and digital assets?
- a hands-on lawyer, eager to push tasks over the finish line?
- experienced with legal and regulatory matters that touch the core business of a Swiss bank with international activities?
- able to balance multiple complex situations in order to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency and quality standards?
- interested in answering new and tricky legal questions that cannot be looked up in a book?
- an emphatic team player and able to work under pressure and independently?
- keen to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and interdisciplinary scale-up bank?
- curious about financial services/technology/cryptocurrencies/blockchain/ICOs and related legal solutions?
- enthusiastic about being part of strategic initiative projects implementing regulations which are substantially changing financial market’s landscape?
Do you have a track record
- in working effectively with specialist from a range of business fields and evidence of technical expertise to manage complex legal engagements in close collaboration with others?
- in dealing with a broad range of legal and regulatory topics in the financial industry?
If this holds true, we want you on the team!
- Provide legal advisory services in all legal matters related to the bank
- Legal project management with regard to major banking, regulatory or corporate projects
- Support new business concepts and put complex products and innovative business ideas on a solid legal framework
- Provide advice concerning new products and bank regulatory changes
(especially with regard to Web3 topics, tokenization and internationalization)
- Structure new product functionalities from a legal perspective
- Work closely with the product & development team
- Act as sparring partner to management and all departments in order to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and requirements
- Calculate and handle risks in business processes and decision making
- Advise on legal and regulatory requirements in the daily business
- Review and drafting of standardized as well as non-standardized agreements between the bank and clients as well as the bank and other third parties
- Draft, review and/or negotiate legal documents such as contracts, statements, agreements, policies etc.
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments and implement measures
- Supporting the Head Legal and the General Counsel in various legal matters
- Provide counseling on law issues regarding corporate and cooperative law
- Support internal legal projects and trainings
- A law degree from a Swiss University (admittance to the bar and additional relevant education like an LL.M. is an asset)
- At least four years of practical experience in international banking (in particular regarding regulatory topics, for example in connection with FIDLEG, FinfraG or FINMA), in an international law firm and/or in a consulting firm
- An interest in complex and new legal and regulatory issues
- Knowledge of web3 and DLT is an asset
- A great team player and communicator with strong interpersonal skills, able to defend the legal stand toward project management and other internal stakeholders
- Conceptual thinker with strong analytical and technical skills as well as courage to provide clear guidance based on own assessments
- Problem-solving ability and mental flexibility to find pragmatic solutions supporting the business with innovative products and business concepts
- Spotting and connecting cross-divisional dots and good in thinking one step ahead
- Goal and results oriented, able to work with minimal direction and providing hands-on and practicable solutions (with a good commercial business sense)
- Ability to solve autonomously complex legal problems in the context of projects of high relevance for the bank
- Ad-hoc advice to the business in any legal matters
- Fluent in German and English (other languages are an asset)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Singapore based companies and financial services in Singapore
- Further qualifications (e.g. MBA)
- Join a young and fast-moving scale up and digital asset bank with agile working environment and fast decision cycles
- Freedom to own your decisions and take responsibility, full ownership of your function
- An amazing, diverse, highly skilled, international and motivated team of professionals
- Being at the forefront of regulatory innovation in the FinTech/DLT sector
- The chance to be part of a movement shaping the future of our world’s financial system
- The opportunity to deal with legal challenges related to traditional as well as new technologies
If you’re passionate about the technological innovation in a banking environment and about tackling the legal challenges of a technology-oriented bank, then we are pleased to receive your CV, motivation- and reference letters.
About Sygnum Bank AG
Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, headquartered in Switzerland and operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and digital CHF and asset tokens are seamlessly integrated in one account.
Sygnum’s diverse and talented team of banking, investment and DLT experts is shaping the development of a trusted digital asset ecosystem with strategic partners including Swisscom and Deutsche Börse Group.