Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and digital CHF and asset tokens are seamlessly integrated in one account.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our small but high impact team in our office in Zurich.
• You will be our go-to person for ensuring scalability, reliability and fault-tolerant production applications
• Design, build and maintain containerized, 12-factor microservices across a hybrid cloud setup
• Advance, perfect and maintain CI/CD pipelines
• Provide input on Incident Management strategies as well as hands on development and evolution of the logging flow and alerting
• Be responsible for delivery of complex projects across the organization
• Provide self-service access tools and solutions for engineers to quickly and securely deploy their applications in production
• Mentor, guide and onboard other engineers
• Analys and improve the security of systems while maintaining usability
• Several years of experience in backend software development with any modern programming language (TypeScript, NodeJS, Java, Go, etc.)
• Significant knowledge in architecting, building and securely maintaining infrastructure running on AWS (preferrably), Azure or GCP in an immutable (declarative) fashion
• Solid experience with Docker and orchestrators such as Kubernetes, OpenShift or ECS
• Experience with designing, building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (preferably with GitLab)
• Experience with IaC, preferrably Terraform
• Familiar with DevOps practices and can advance them among peers
• Familiar with DevSecOps practices and with building/adhering to a Secure SDLC
• Experience with meeting strict SLOs in production services
• Knowledge of event-driven microservice architecture, including custom-event processing (preferably Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink)
• Knowledge of integrating and deploying service discovery securely (preferably with Consul/Envoy)
• Proven experience of maintaining and building large-scale production systems
If this reads like your profile, please send us your application with a 1-page CV. Even if you're not there yet but still think you could be a good fit for our team, please contact us and we'll figure something out. Thank you.