Sphaira Medical is a med-tech startup from Berlin with the vision to revolutionize medical isolation. Our goal is to bring people together no matter how dangerous the circumstances. We facilitate the closest thing to face-to-face, in-person, natural interaction – without risking exposure to pathogens. How do we do this? We create MOBY™, the world’s first Mobile Protective Pod.
We are now looking for a Working Student – mechanical design - in our Berlin headquarters.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, multi-talented individual who wants to engineer innovative products from scratch and see the inside of a fast-moving startup. The ideal candidate has a creative design concept mindset who is willing to work hard and will support the mechanical engineering of our MOBY prototype and possibly future products.
You will work directly with the CTO with the simple goal of developing MOBY to prototype and production maturity. In exchange, you’ll get unique insights into a unique company, first-hand experience in entrepreneurship, a lot of responsibility, and the chance to have a real and lasting impact on healthcare globally.
- Creation and adaptation of models in 3D CAD, mainly 3D shaped surfaces (components and assemblies)
- Creation of photo-realistic representations in 3D CAD (renderings)
- Completion and correction of product features
- Maintenance of databases
- Research on standard and purchased parts including communication with suppliers
- Participation in the preparation of the reports
- Cooperation with suppliers and support for final assembly
- Ongoing studies for a Bachelor of Engineering or comparable - ideally with previous professional training (e.g. industrial mechanic, industrial mechatronics, toolmaker in plastics technology)
- Advanced knowledge in the design of 3D shaped surfaces and solids
- Extended study knowledge of the CAD program Solidworks - you have already carried out your own projects or a study work with Solidworks
- Passion for innovation, openness to new ideas and technologies, proactive behavior, ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
- Challenging and varied tasks in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- A lot of responsibility from the start.
- Close collaboration with the founders and first-hand experience on entrepreneurship.
- Significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a small, innovative, and dynamic team.
- Expect an exciting environment with real impact and a great team.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to meeting you. Submit your CV and all relevant working documents online now!