⭐️ What SIRIUS is all about
SIRIUS is a Berlin-based Music Tech startup with the mission to make music education accessible to everyone around the world. We have developed a video conferencing system for musicians. Our virtual music classroom is tailored for 1-on-1 online music lessons. Excellent sound and the highest level of data protection are our top priorities. We revolutionize music education through innovative technologies.
⚙️ Engineering at SIRIUS
We are an engineering-centric business who hopes to scale our operation sustainably, with beautiful code, an ethical approach to our users and data, and an innovative opinion on new technologies. We analyze data, talk to users, prototype and iterate quickly. We focus on discovering and solving user problems, not just building and shipping features. As a member of our engineering team you’ll take on a key role in this process and see your work be used by thousands of users worldwide.
🔍 What we're looking for
We're looking for a passionate senior or lead engineer to join our team. You have experience working with a software product in a startup or in a company that values innovation, great user experience and technical quality.
🚀 Start: as of now!
- Write easy-to-read and performant code, with good test coverage and great documentation.
- Ensure SIRIUS is secure, scalable and reliable. We strive for security and privacy by design and want things to be robust when we ship them to all users.
- Scope how new features can be built, and how requests from customers can be met.
- Contribute to an engineering culture based on high-quality code, data-driven discussions, technological innovation, business acumen, and diversity.
- Share your knowledge, enable and help others grow.
- You are a frontend developer with 3+ years of experience
- Have demonstrated the impact of your work with a SaaS product
- Have experience with managing APIs
- You are open to learning about WebRTC technologies
- Value security and all your work adhere to a high standard of information security principles
- You develop code in a disciplined manner with proper documentation and structure
- And have a strong ability to be self-driven and take responsibility for seeing your tasks through to release
- The opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and shape the way of an early-stage startup
- An exciting and fun startup atmosphere with highly motivated colleagues and a nice office with a rooftop terrace in Kreuzberg (including regular team events)
- Flexible working hours & home office culture as well as options to work remotely
- Extensive training opportunities are also available - we support your further development very much
- Regular team events and free concert visits (e.g. Berlin Philharmonics) as well as free drinks, snacks and breakfast during the week
If you feel like taking on responsibility from day one, let's talk :) We are looking forward to receiving your application. 🤩
Nothing for you but you want to work with us? Please feel free to drop us a line and we can see what we can come up with for you. Great people are hard to find, so we'd rather make a stretch and take you onboard anyway!