SIDESTREAM is a one of a kind software company. Anyone can claim that? But we can prove it! We focus on a great work- and engineering-culture while building software for customers, working for a DAO and building own software products.
New Work is not a trend or buzzword for us, but rather our DNA - here are a few examples:
- The company was founded just before the Covid pandemic and grew up accordingly as a remote-first company
- Our company language is English
- We are one of the first German companies to work with a DAO
Although we are only 2 years old, we have already been able to make a difference:
- Germany-wide we have developed the first digital 2-G recovery certificate for the city of Cologne
- The Handelsblatt (aka German Financial Times) already reported about our innovative cooperation with the DAO
- Well-known customers like DuMont and Ubisoft trust us with their software projects
Join the crew - Become part of our motivated team and a developer-first workplace where you will learn interesting and useful things everyday.
What you’ll do:
- As most people search for tech stack in the job posting, we just leave it at the top: We use the newest technologies, so you don’t waste time learning legacy things: You will work with VueJS, Nuxt and Typescript. All our projects are Dockerized and most run in Kubernetes.
- Choose your path: Over time, you can develop yourself in the direction that makes the most sense to you e.g. Full Stack, Backend + DevOps, Frontend + Design/Product, Tech Leadership etc.
- The fellowship: You will work alongside an experienced Tech Lead, a Product Manager and fellow colleagues on 1-2 projects at a time.
- Code that counts: From day 1 you’ll be a regular member of the project team and receive work that will go into production.
Level up: Our mighty mentors will guide you and bring your developer skills to the next level.
You’ll learn new tools, languages and best practices.
You’ll learn to write clean, composable and testable code.
What you’ll need:
- Hungry Minds: You can learn a lot of useful things here, we provide you mentorship, feedback and proven processes. Still, it’s your responsibility to bring in enough drive and eagerness to learn.
- From Rookie to Rocky: We don’t expect any previous professional experience, we already hired people who just started their Bachelor. What is more important to us: You should be passionate about programming.
- Desire to stay at the company once you graduate (Trust us, once in the team, you want to avoid leaving)
- English skills to communicate with the team.
- You will be studying for at least one more year.
- Based in Germany.
- Don’t submit a motivation letter, but rather write 4-5 sentences on why you are happy to work in Typescript.
We offer you:
- A variety of projects so that you can truly find out what you like and never get bored: From (real) Crypto to Corona-related Software. So… you can experience a broad variety of topics.
- Work alongside experienced mentors, who will teach you how to become a modern software engineer.
- Be part of a young, ambitious team that works hard, but also enjoys having a good time together #obligatory-foosball-table
- Freedom to choose your own Operating System
- Work schedule that works with your university timetable
- Opportunity to work more hours during semester breaks
- Remote work with the possibility to work in our office, if you want to.
- Attractive benefits and perks (e.g. free lunches and bike subscription)
- In other words, looting and leveling!
To sum up, you will join a young team of tech heads. We strive to create the best possible workplace for us engineers. If you’re interested, let us know, just send us your CV.