Robo Wunderkind builds educational robots that empower kids to learn to code and to get creative through the joy of play. If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. By joining our team, you will be able to positively influence the education of tens of thousands of children, and you will be a part of a great mission. Here you can check out what our users create with Robo Wunderkind: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/robomakersmarathon/
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from your application date, it means you were not selected for an interview.
In this role, you will
- Build high-quality software, both from scratch but also iterating on the existing codebase to deliver functional, beautiful solutions to our users.
- Help Product Manager translates scopes into architectures, lead feature kickoffs and plannings, organize issue tracking and manage the delivery.
- Work alongside a team while contributing across our codebase and product suite, end-to-end, and track the success of your implementation.
- Participate in product reviews and present your work regularly with the company at large.
- We are open to working remotely and our team spreads over 2 continents. Those working in Vienna have flexible work hours and can work from home up to 4 days per week.
- Minimum education level - Bachelors degree in computer science or related field.
- You have relevant experience of 3+ years as a Unity developer.
- You have a solid knowledge of Unity and native app development for iOS, Android, UWP, and MacOS devices but most importantly, you have a fast learning speed, with incessant curiosity.
- In your past, you've participated in the development of features end-to-end.
- You are aware of agile practices or either worked in agile in a fast-paced environment for at least 1 year.
- You understand what means “ship fast, release daily, and iterate continuously”. You only stop when the “pain” is gone, not when the product is live, and every function you write is one step closer to that reality.
- You care about the user, you focus first on the problem and only after how will you tackle it.
- You are autonomous and proactive in addressing product and tech challenges and identifying user needs. You have strong problem-solving, verbal, and written communication skills (English)., verbal, and written communication skills (English).and verbal, and written communication skills (English)., and verbal, and written communication skills (English).
- You are autonomous and proactive in addressing product and tech challenges and identifying user needs. You have strong problem solving, verbal, and written communication skills (English).
- You have a drive to solve problems, to fix something that's broken, rather than waiting for someone else to do it.
- You are a team player and understand that great code needs thorough reviews, proper feedback, and consistent monitoring and improvement, and as a bonus, you've participated in this process previously.
- Bonus: Experience with MQTT 3.1.1 protocol.
- Bonus: Experience with cloud-integrated apps.
Make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love
- Working Remote
- Happy Work Environment
Who are we looking for?
As an app developer, you will work closely with the Product team to implement new product features and interfaces for Robo Wunderkind’s existing and future apps.
We have a huge opportunity ahead of us to continue innovating at the intersection of robotics, coding, and education, to support our users in their learning journey, to expand to new use cases and customer segments, and to grow our user community. We are a team of 20 people, 10 nationalities, ambitious and passionate about what we are doing. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.