Plunet is a globally recognized software company with offices in Berlin, Würzburg and New York. We develop and distribute Plunet BusinessManager, the leading Business and Translation Management System for the translation industry. Our customers are leading translation agencies, government organizations and NGOs as well as large international industrial and service companies.
Our Product and UX Teams in Berlin are looking for a UX Writer/Technical Writer who wants to help provide Plunet users with a better understanding and experience when using our software. Simplifying complex processes for users at different levels – with documentation, best practice videos, and the right texts and terms in the user interface – would be your main tasks, which you develop with initiative and passion.
You understand and analyze use cases, user pain points, and the different personas who work with Plunet BusinessManager, in order to:
- Write clear and concise English and German UI texts for new features and modules, working closely with the UX and Product Teams
- Create user documentation in English: Online help articles, how-to-guides, and Release Notes
Create short feature videos and/or scripts for best practice videos
- You make sure that the feature documentation is updated and continually work on improving this process
- You own the Plunet Terminology and Glossaries and make sure that they are used in a consistent way in the UI and documentation
- You proofread the English texts written by other colleagues (for example, other technical documents or marketing materials)
- You speak English at a native or near-native level (C2) and you have very good German skills (C1)
- You have professional experience or a degree in technical writing or a related field
- You can explain complex ideas in a structured and clear way
Nice to haves
- You have already some experience with Jira and Confluence
- You have worked with Camtasia or a similar video editing tool
- It would be a plus if you are familiar with the translation industry or have experience with CAT tools
- You will work on exciting projects in an innovative and international environment using modern software technologies. Our networked teams work together towards one goal: to expand our market leadership and take our company to the next level.
- Your personal development is important to us – we offer you an individual budget for seminars, training, coaching or workshops in your area of interest.
- You will benefit from a healthy work-life balance thanks to our flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- You enjoy a high degree of personal responsibility and autonomy. We work in an agile, transparent way and want to achieve our goals quickly – that’s why we rely on flat hierarchies, without bureaucratic hurdles.
- We are committed to the Plunet team spirit: We practice open, respectful interaction with each other and across all company levels.
- Our perfectly located and beautifully furnished offices in Berlin und Würzburg make you feel completely at home. You can cook and eat together with colleagues at any time in our well-equipped kitchen.
- You can take advantage of a job bike with tax benefits – a normal bicycle or an e-bike, it’s your choice!
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to equal opportunities, fairness and mutual respect and we encourage people from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Anonymous application process
You are very welcome to send us your application without a photo and without personal data. Your gender, age, name, marital status, where you come from and other personal information are not important for your application.
Impress us with your qualifications, your skills and your motivation for working at Plunet.
We look forward to meeting you!