The Role and a bit about us
The role presents an opportunity to become an integral part of our tech team with plenty of room to perform computer programming tasks.
We are seeking a Blockchain Developer, who will be implementing Algorithms, Consensus Mechanisms, zkps using Rust.
We are a team of hungry entrepreneurs and engineers driven by the opportunity to positively shape our collective future. We have the technology, the team and the timing to decentralize businesses, markets and even economies, creating more open, sustainable and inclusive ways of living and working.
If you identify with the above, you’re not just looking for a 9-5, and are ready to take complete ownership of this position - we look forward to hearing from you.
Things you will do
- Researching, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining blockchain technologies and applications;
- Brainstorming and evaluating applications for new tools and technologies;
- Designing, implementing, and supporting distributed blockchain-based network;
- Documenting and maintaining new as well as existing solutions;
- Developing application functionality with the help of various programming languages;
- Providing security measures against various cybercrimes;
- Integrating new tools and technology to optimize as well as secure blockchain applications;
- Connecting with key stakeholders, technical partners, and developers community and discussing innovative ideas;
- WalletConnect, Metamask, and other wallet integration;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and managers to determine blockchain technology needs;
- At peaq we write software across the whole blockchain stack and as a developer you can be expected to work on any of these things. Deep knowledge in one of the following areas is especially appreciated:
- Implementing P2P networking research and technologies;
- Working with cryptography;
- Implementing consensus algorithms;
- Working on performance optimization and tuning;
- Working with blockchain bridges;
- Implementing decentralized applications, including “Layer 1” and “Layer 2” approaches.
What you bring to the table
- Experience in Layer 0 or Layer 1 Blockchains, consensus protocols, decentralized systems, applied cryptography, compilers, p2p, or similar systems;
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, IT, or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years of experience in developing Blockchain applications;
- Hands-on experience working on platforms such as Solana, Polkadot, Quorum, Hyperledger, Ethereum, etc.;
- Sound knowledge working with different PaaS solutions offered by Azure, AWS, and other such cloud platforms;
- Sound understanding of common algorithms and data structures;
- Should know how to write efficient multithreaded code;
- Familiarly with basic cryptography and P2P networks;
- Familiarity with the Rust ecosystem;
- Experience with Rust, particularly writing high-performance high-security code;
- An interest in decentralized technology and Web 3;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What you can expect
- The opportunity to contribute to innovative projects in a new and exciting industry that has the potential to positively shape our world.
- High growth potential.
- Warm and open corporate culture at an international company with many different nationalities.
- An environment that values freedom, autonomy, team spirit and open communication.
- Flexible working hours.
- Decentralized (remote) working possibilities.
What guides us
- We believe that great teams consist of Missionaries rather than Mercenaries.
- We believe that great teams can only deliver great results consistently if they work under conditions that give them creative freedom and a manageable workload, creating full focus on what's important.
- We want to work with humans, not with robots.
- This is why we build a team that finds its strength in diversity & authenticity.
- This is why we want to give you the freedom you need to be great at what you do.
- This is why we aim to create a space where people can do what they love and live up to their talents.
We look forward to working with you.