Paretos is the leading AI-based decision intelligence platform to make effective, data-driven decisions across entire organizations, enabling business users to evaluate complex data, predict future scenarios and take optimal actions via a no-code UI and integrations with no prior data science knowledge needed. As a "remote-first company" with team members all over Europe, we strongly believe that this ambitious path is only possible with a great and diverse team.
paretos is an inclusive company with equal opportunities for all. Our corporate culture is guided by the principles of GUNG HO - we believe in the synergy of worthwhile work, the control of achieving a common goal, and the importance of cheering each other on. We are proud to have brought together passionate, high-performing and caring people of all genders, cultures, backgrounds and views. Together, they all form the heart of the company and drive us to new heights every day. The combination of remote work and regular onsite-events is our key to strengthen our team spirit and to form our culture. To keep this up, we are happy to receive your application if you already live in Europe or if you’re open to relocate.
At paretos, you will be part of the engineering team and you'll help us start a full-fledged Data Engineering activity in our company. Your tasks will notably be:
- Own and improve the data platform of paretos that is the basis for all our data science and machine learning activities.
- Closely work together with the data scientists and back-end engineers
- Ensure the overall data quality and correctness
- Integrate and maintain various data sources into our data platform
- Know the inside-outs of our various data sources
In the mid-term, you could become the lead or part of the leadership team of our data engineering team.
- 5+ years of working experience as a data engineer or similar
- Deep SQL knowledge (e.g. postgres, snowflake, bigquery, redshift)
- Worked with ELT: Extract+Load tools like airbyte; Transform tools like dbt; Data orchestrators like dagster (preferred), airflow, prefect, luigi
- You know and have used data validation tools
- Ideally, you have experience managing a data platform that is used by data scientists
These perks will be waiting for you if you become part of the paretos-family:
- We are a remote first company – nevertheless you’re still very welcome to work at the office and enjoy the great view over Heidelberg
- At the office you can test your barista skills and brew some great coffee to keep you going throughout the workday or enjoy some coffee talks with your fellow paretoneers. (You might even be awarded the next “paretos office barista of the year” at our Christmas party!)
- Talking about the team: you’ll complement a highly skilled & motivated team of paretoneers ready to hit the road and have fun along the way
- We regularly enjoy professional and fun events online and IRL with the whole team
- You’ll get the office equipment you need to show off your full potential. We believe that your capabilities shouldn’t be limited by hardware components
- Boost your continuous learning journey with our personal learning budget!
- Work whenever it fits best for you with flexible working hours
- Receive a mobility budget to access various kinds of transportation whilst setting off your carbon emissions
- If you are part of the paretos dog club, feel free to bring your furry friend to the office
We are continuously expanding our benefits as we grow to ensure an environment where our team members feel comfortable and happy to work at.
This is it from our side for now. What about you? Are you ambitious to disrupt the AI and Optimization world with us? Then send us your application!
Note: We encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don’t match all the requirements 100%. As long as you inherit the eagerness to learn, we are happy to be convinced that you are the right fit for us.
About paretos GmbH
We are an AI-powered end-to-end decision intelligence platform for making effective, data-driven decisions across entire enterprises, enabling business users to leverage the latest Data Science via a no-code UI and integrations, with no prior knowledge of Data Science required. With success stories of implementing our 100% SaaS solution in e-commerce, logistics and consulting companies (e.g. Accenture, Snocks or one of the largest parcel services in Europe), our platform provides solutions for use cases such as: Recommendation Engines, Dynamic Pricing/Discounting, AdSpendOptimization, Warehouse Optimization.