Pharmio develops modular and IoT-powered factories to enable quick and flexible manufacturing of pharmaceutical ingredients at reduced up-front cost and lead times. We are on a mission to bring pharmaceutical production into the future of health, paving the way towards more patient-centric and individualized therapies coming in small batches.
We are a driven, multi-disciplinary team with significant years of experience in pharma, biotech, IoT, and venture development. Pharmio is backed by a leading machine economy focused company builder.
We are looking for YOU to jointly grow the venture and reshape a traditional industry, ultimately democratizing pharmaceutical manufacturing and lowering entry barriers for especially small- and medium-sized, innovative pharma and biotech companies. ****
As Co-Founder and CPO (f/m/x) you will lead the design, development and delivery of our core product — the modular, IoT-powered and on-demand manufacturing environment. This is the perfect role for a motivated and experienced leader excited about shaping a venture on a massive, transformative and purpose-driven mission early on.
- Lead and own the ramp up of the core product in an iterative and incremental way towards your own product roadmap — always using hypotheses, conscious testing and data-based decision making
- Scope the prototype and ensure development of first MVP in spec, budget and in time — including team hiring and development
- Own and manage operations and end-to-end delivery of factories directly with clients
- Co-drive company growth and support investment rounds, co-create business plans and related materials
- Contribute your own entrepreneurial and innovative ideas, and accelerate growth and operations
- 5-10 years experience in the pharma or chemical industry, manufacturing and/ or (medical, bio-/ chemical) process engineering
- Well versed in GMP environments with e.g. quality control processes, especially in-process control technologies (e.g. head of quality control and/or production, qualified person, auditor or GMP inspection expert)
- Proven leader of cross-functional teams with experience in agile project management and able to form and drive high-performing teams
- Education: Master's degree or PhD in engineering, or bio-/ chemical sciences (or related) from a top university
- Passion: Deep understanding and zeal for entrepreneurship, business model innovation, and tech-driven products and services — specifically for innovation in healthcare, advocate of needed changes from current production methods
- Toolbox: Knowledge of European and German legislation in the area of GMP, pharma and pharma manufacturing
- Language: Proficiency in English and/ or German (both written and spoken)
NICE TO HAVE
- Worked for both small and large pharma or CDMO/CMOs
- Previous experience either with modular manufacturing methods or collaboration in cross-company industrial associations (e.g., DECHEMA or NAMUR)
- Experience in risk assessment and management, CAPA management, change management
- Relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment like start-ups, or management consulting
- Passion: Enthusiastic to work in VUCA environments and excited to use smart technologies to solve long-lasting challenges in traditional industries
- Toolbox: Excellent office software (Microsoft and/ or Google Workspace), and basic knowledge of EBR and MES software solutions
A SWEET DEAL
- 👩🚀 The opportunity to shape the future of health while actively disrupting the traditional pharma manufacturing space
- 💸 Mix of salary and virtual stock options
- 🏠 Flexible working hours, option to work remotely from home
- 🏢 New and innovative office space in the heart of Berlin
- 🤸♀️ Support for a healthy life style, fresh fruits in the office and discount on Urban Sports Club memberships
We value diversity and therefore expressly welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Our different backgrounds and experiences allow us to grow as a company and individuals. With many years of expertise in strategy consulting, company building, chemistry, pharma and manufacturing, we constantly learn from each other and solve increasingly complex challenges in a traditional industry ripe for disruption.
We believe in flat hierarchies, pragmatic exchanges and a pro-active feedback culture. We enable team members to take ownership and drive impactful initiatives.
We look forward to receiving your application.