MicroHarvest is a fast-growing startup that is going to provide better, healthier, and tastier protein produced sustainably using the power of microorganisms. With that, MicroHarvest contributes with a sustainable solution to the global challenge of feeding the world. Enjoy the extraordinary mix of a young, dynamic working environment and the professionalism of the team with decades of experience in biotechnology, business, and product development.
- Scout and coordinate piloting and production trials with external partners
- Set up and manage a pilot plant facility in Portugal
- Build, train and mentor a high-performing operational team who will make MicroHarvest’s production plant become a reality
- Plan logistics, factory layout, process, automation and what else is needed to improve productivity Support and challenge R&D team developing groundbreaking new processes that are scalable and feasible in a manufacturing perspective
- The position is also available in our portuguese office. (Lisbon)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Processing or related fields (Exceptional work and achievement will be accepted instead of a degree)
- Proven track record managing manufacturing activities and/or leading engineering teams through mechanical product development
- Experience in taking designs from concept to medium to high volume manufacturing
- Thrive at establishing and strengthening relationships, either with external partners, suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Deep understanding of biotech and industrial scale fermentation is a plus
- Expert in design with strong project management skills
- You are passionate for sustainability and improving our food system
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written)
Do you love combining your engineering background with project and team management skills to bring kilotons of product to the market? Then join us and tackle engineering challenges and continuously push beyond what was deemed impossible. And work in an energetic, highly ambitious, and international startup environment designing the processes and factories of tomorrow. Let´s change the world together!