What we do
Lykon is a tech-driven digital health company with the vision to empower more than 100 million people to live healthier lives through personalised nutrition. Today, we are already the market leader in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and help thousands of customers every month to achieve their health goals with the help of our technology, DNA or blood tests and our personalised supplements.
Our employees are alumni of global market leaders like N26, Hello Fresh, Groupon, Klarna, myMuesli, Rocket Internet and many more.
Lykon is backed by a team of strong investors and advisory board members who are paving the way for us to build the strongest D2C brand and largest data-driven personalised nutrition platform in the world.
About the job
We are building an incredible product, and to do that we need Backend Engineers to join our existing European remote team. We are looking for engineers with a passion for writing testable, maintainable, and scalable code. You would have full ownership of our backend services. This means creation, deployment, and maintenance in production, through good monitoring.
You will be joining a diverse team in the Tech department to ensure all elements of our platform are secure, compliant and scalable.
- You’ll be working as part of a small, highly-skilled, cross-functional team in an Agile setup.
- Write reliable, performant code, both delivering new functionality and maintaining existing features while keeping laser-focused on our customers’ experience.
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, and operations of the microservices you and your team develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming, and other cutting-edge methodologies.
- Actively contribute to improving our product, collaborating with Frontend and Mobile engineers, Product Owners, and Designers to build something our users love to use.
- Debug production issues across all levels of the stack, and help other engineers do so by sharing your knowledge and tooling.
- Document your actions, proactively communicate changes to those who need to know, and turn repetitive tasks into repeatable runbooks or automation.
- You have solid experience building backend systems with Go in a microservice architecture, and are comfortable with at least one other language or programming paradigm. Bonus points if you have familiarity with Rust.
- Familiar with Linux containers and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Writing tests is second nature to you. You’re comfortable with concepts like TDD or BDD.
- Strong software design skills, including concepts like Domain Driven Design and distributed systems.
- Experience working with AWS and infrastructure-as-code platforms like Terraform is a plus.
- You sweat the details, but are able to balance them pragmatically against other commitments.
- You are comfortable teaching yourself anything you don't already know in order to do your job.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment is highly preferred.
Interacting with other developers, product managers, and stakeholders is very much part of the day-to-day, so communication skills are vital. We’re a small, lean team, so we’re looking for strong individuals who can take direction and run with it, challenge the status quo, and also mentor both team members and stakeholders proactively.
- We are a remote distributed team. You can work anywhere within the European Timezone (UTC 0/+3).
- Great internal corporate health program and employee discounts.
- Competitive compensation and a personal education budget.
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts or late finishes your team will support you.
- Annual learning and development budget for conferences, books, courses - you choose.
- A diverse and vibrant remote international environment.
- You will have a direct impact on our products and will have the opportunity to empower people to live healthy lives.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, let’s talk!