What we do
Lykon is a tech-driven digital health company with the vision to empower more than 100 million people to live healthier lives through personalised nutrition. Today, we are already the market leader in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and help thousands of customers every month to achieve their health goals with the help of our technology, DNA or blood tests and our personalised supplements.
Our employees are alumni of global market leaders like N26, Hello Fresh, Groupon, Klarna, myMuesli, Rocket Internet and many more.
Lykon is backed by a team of strong investors and advisory board members who are paving the way for us to build the strongest D2C brand and largest data-driven personalised nutrition platform in the world.
About the job
We are building an incredible product and to do that we need Systems Engineers to join our existing european remote team. We are looking for engineers with a passion for automating things. You would be responsible for building a great foundation for our platform. You would also be responsible for spreading the knowledge to other engineers, making sure everyone is taking advantage of the easy to use infrastructure, and applying best practices when it comes to Continuous Delivery, Containerization, Performance, Security etc.
You will be joining a diverse team in the Tech department to ensure all elements of our platform are secure, compliant and scalable.
- Run and improve our infrastructure, built on AWS, Kubernetes (on EKS), and Lambdas.
- Take ownership of driving our observability story forwards, by making improvements to our existing stack (Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, and Tempo) and helping engineering teams use it to its fullest capacity.
- Deliver solid infrastructure-as-code, using automation tools such as Terraform and Helm.
- Debug production issues across all levels of the stack, and provide other engineers with the knowledge and tooling to do so.
- Document your actions, so your knowledge turns into repeatable runbooks and, eventually, automation.
- Improve our monitoring and alerting, so that we catch potential issues before they become too serious. Work with other teams to implement SLOs and Error Budgets, to help us keep our platform stable even while we undergo rapid change.
- Optimise and improve our CI/CD workflow, improving its capabilities and speeds while keeping costs down.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Maintain our network topology designs up to speed.
- Mentor and support engineers regarding tools, infrastructure concepts, and best practices.
- You’re familiar with at least one programming language (ideally Go), know Linux like the back of your hand, and have a real passion for building scalable infrastructure.
- Extremely familiar with Linux containers and at least one container orchestration platform (we use Kubernetes).
- You understand networking intuitively. You are slightly paranoid about security, and are constantly considering concepts like Principle of Least Privilege.
- Experience working with AWS and infrastructure-as-code platforms like Terraform or CloudFormation. Bonus points for experience with software provisioning tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- When you do the same thing twice, you’re already thinking about automation. You never do that same thing a third time!
- You sweat the details, but are able to balance them pragmatically against other commitments.
- You are comfortable teaching yourself anything you don't already know in order to do your job.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of different deployment patterns (e.g. blue/green, canary).
- We are a remote distributed team. You can work anywhere within the Europe Timezone (UTC +2/-2).
- Great internal corporate health program and employee discounts.
- Competitive compensation and a personal education budget.
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, or late finishes your team will support you.
- Annual educational budget for conferences, books, courses, you choose.
- A diverse and vibrant remote international environment.
- You will have a direct impact on our products and will have the opportunity to empower people to live a healthy life.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, let’s talk!