Why are we looking for you?
We are KUGU. We make buildings energy efficient and sustainable!
As a SaaS solution, we make energy consumption transparent and visualise it on our energy data platform. This way we reduce CO2 emissions and increase resource efficiency for our customers!
As a young team, we are still at the beginning of our journey to become the leading energy data platform in Europe! That's why we're looking for a dedicated T ech Lead (m/f/d) in Berlin.
In collaboration with our Head of Engineer, Egor, you will be designing what our product will look like in the future. You will guide our ambitious front-end team in the development of a high-quality operating platform. Does this sound exciting to you?
Join us and contribute to climate change!
- You design, develop and maintain complex and scalable software products
- You work hands-on by spending up to 60% of your time coding
- You lead the technical decision-making process and guide the development team towards technical excellence through your support
- You communicate the technical vision and give technical guidance for the product to the team and the stakeholders
- You collaborate closely with product team by actively participating in the product discovery process to identify ideas, validate them and build the product roadmap
- You partner with the Product Delivery Lead Gül to ensure successful delivery of the product roadmap, removing technical blockers
- You have 2+ years of experience in a technical leadership role, leading the development of software products
- You gained extensive experience (+7 years) in software development
- You have proven track record of scaling and maintaining SaaS applications
- You are familiar with data products, software development life cycle & agile methodologies
- You are fluent in spoken and written English (C1)
Nice to have: Kafka, Java
You don't meet all the points with your profile and are unsure whether you should apply?
Don't worry, motivation, experience and the will to learn count more for us than the formal CV. Give us the chance to get to know you!
As a team, we are on the way to make a difference to an entire industry through our innovation. We live the idea of sustainability, have a lot of fun together and much more:
- Exciting insights into a dynamic and growing green start-up
- Implementation of your ideas through flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths
- Promising career opportunities and further training
- Fair pay & flexible working models
- Cold drinks in the fridge and a wide range of delicious snacks
Things our team loves:
- Enjoy the end of the day with the team, drinks & table football in our community space
- Book a talk, mindful session or masterclass with the OpenUp psychologists
- The option for cool benefits - such as the use of our pool car, subsidies for lunch, travel tickets and pension schemes
- Exciting team events with insights into the culture, history and gastronomy of Berlin
- Start the day with language courses
- An industrial style office in Prenzlauer Berg with very good transport connections
- Find out whether your heating and utility bills are correct - our team will be happy to help!
Our Junior People & Culture Manager Tom will be happy to help you! Simply contact him via or .