IsraAID Germany e. V. is a non-political humanitarian aid organisation that works in and outside Germany to support people who have experienced suffering and emergency situations. Our various projects use a holistic working methodology that combines psychosocial support, empowerment work and, in particularly acute emergencies, humanitarian aid deliveries to help affected people transition from crisis to reconstruction, rehabilitation and a sustainable way of life. Our work is carried out by a multicultural team of specialists.
For our project "Brückenbau" we are looking for a specialist for 20 hours per week to provide psychosocial support for refugees in Arabic, Farsi or Ukrainian. This is a temporary position until 30.06.2024 with a possibility of potential extension.
The advertised position offers excellent opportunities to gain an insight into the work of a professional humanitarian aid organisation in the areas of emergency response and trauma. You will be part of a highly motivated team of therapists and help provide psychosocial support to refugees.
• Psychosocial support for refugee adults and/or children in individual and group sessions and open consultations inside and outside shelters.
• Training: identification of training needs, planning and implementation of workshops and capacity building activities of external service providers and in coordination with the organisation and team members. Preparation of work plans, documentation of activities and processes.
• Close cooperation with the respective host organisation
• Documentation and evaluation
• Participation in project team meetings and overall team meetings
• Close cooperation with the project coordinators
• Exchange and consultation with the professional circles of the organisation
• Professional training or studies: therapist, psychologist, social worker, music/theatre/art therapist, etc.
• Knowledge of trauma sequelae, especially post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.
• Arabic on a business-fluent basis or
• Farsi on a business fluent basis or
• Ukrainian on a business-fluent basis
• English or German fluent (B1)
• Experience in working with refugees and/or in a humanitarian context as an advantage
• Team spirit, close cooperation with the project teams
• A responsible and varied job in a dynamic NGO
• The opportunity to work on behalf of others
• A culturally diverse working environment and a highly motivated team
• Flexible working hours
• The offer of regular participation in further education and training as well as regular individual consulting sessions and supervision
• The opportunity to individually shape your professional and personal development with us
Have we sparked your interest?
Then send your complete application documents (cover letter, CV, certificates and references) to Ms. Mettler, stating your possible start date up to and including November 7th, 2023. We reserve the right to conduct discussions before the application deadline has expired.
You can find further information about the work and the association on our website.
IsraAID Germany e. V. ist eine unpolitische humanitäre Hilfsorganisation, die sich in und außerhalb Deutschlands für die Unterstützung von Menschen einsetzt.