At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.
- Developing and maintaining a high-performance, globally distributed cloud hosting network using a range of diverse technologies.
- Designing and implementing new features and adopting new technologies (both hardware and "Software-defined") on the network.
- Educating Operations staff on the functioning of the network, creating documentation, taking part in troubleshooting and analysis of everyday operation of the network.
- High proficiency in programming with C.
- Experience in Linux device driver development and knowledge of Linux Kernel internals and Linux networking stack.
- Proficiency in Linux system administration and automation, including writing code in a scripting language (Python etc.).Proven experience in Open vSwitch.
- Experience with Linux user space and system development tools and processes (git, gcc, gdb, etc.).
- Proficiency in Linux network stack. Deep knowledge of IPv4/IPv6, TCP networking protocols. Understanding of kernel routing, bridging, vxlan, vrf, BPF, etc.
- Good understanding of Linux userspace networking tools - routing daemons, tcpdump, etc.
- Familiarity with networking hardware: switches, routers, firewalls, especially Juniper, is a plus.
- Experience in Linux virtualization stack (KVM, QEMU, VirtIO) is a plus.
- Experience in InfiniBand is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for exploring new technologies and meeting new challenges.
- Fluent English (German is a plus).
As an employer we offer our employees a future-proof workplace with exciting projects, individual further training opportunities and the best perspectives.
- Active corporate culture: Our interaction is characterized by flat hierarchies, transparency, open communication and short decision- making paths.
- Variety of further trainings: We offer a large range of personal and professional further trainings – via e-learning and seminars, conferences as well as mentoring.
- Tech benefits 1&1 is a Tech company: Internal conferences, lectures series and trainings on a wide range of IT topics are organized by the TEC-Campus on a regular basis. Externally we are active in Open-Source Projects and we participate in meet-ups and user groups, also on our own premises.
- Employee events: We celebrate our success in our teams: There are legendary summer and winter parties at 1&1. Additional workshops and team events ensure our unique team spirit.
- Attractive JobBike: Via JobBike, we offer our employees the opportunity to lease their individual dream bike easily and favorably and, additionally, we also fund this offer.
- Flexible working time: Our trust-based working times facilitate flexibility in the scheduling of working time.
- Staff benefits: Our employees receive staff discounts on 1&1 products and a range of leisure activities. On top of that we provide financial advantages, for instance for corporate pensions.
- Health measures: Besides internal sport and health courses, we offer lectures about health. Furthermore, you get staff discounts in selected gyms and health centers.
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.