At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.
Operational ownership of our global, full stack supporting platforms and infrastructure, ensuring operational stability and performance, plus developing them in line with the SRE team mission.
- Development and operation of our core virtualisation and storage (CEPH) platforms.
- Development and operation of ancillary services (DNS, DHCP, Backup, Malware, User Management etc.).
- Integration of core services with the wider IONOS ecosystem.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Participate in on-call rotation. Participate, collaborate and provide guidance in retrospectives.
- Find scalability bottlenecks and areas for performance improvements.
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
Candidates with strong Linux System Administration skills are required. This role would be perfect for a Senior Linux Engineer who is looking to develop further into full-stack Cloud Engineering and Automation. The technologies within use include Debian, Proxmox, Ceph, Prometheus, Loki, Thanos, Grafana, Docker, Helm, Ansible, Terraform, Python, Go, Git.
- 5 years + experience in a Mid-Senior / Senior Linux Engineer Role.
- Full-stack (Networking, Storage, Compute).
- A passion for Open Source and community-driven development.
- English is a must, German a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver problem resolution.
As an employer, we offer our employees a future-proof workplace with exciting projects, individual further training opportunities, and the best perspectives.
- Active corporate culture: Our interaction is characterized by flat hierarchies, transparency, open communication, and short decision-making paths.
- Variety of further training: We offer a large range of personal and professional further training – via e-learning and seminars, conferences as well as mentoring.
- Tech benefits 1&1 is a Tech company: Internal conferences, lectures series and training on a wide range of IT topics are organized by the TEC-Campus on a regular basis. Externally we are active in Open-Source Projects and we participate in meet-ups and user groups, also on our own premises.
- Employee events: We celebrate our success in our teams: There are legendary summer and winter parties at 1&1. Additional workshops and team events ensure our unique team spirit.
- Attractive JobBike: Via JobBike, we offer our employees the opportunity to lease their individual dream bike easily and favorably and, additionally, we also fund this offer.
- Flexible working time: Our trust-based working times facilitate flexibility in the scheduling of working time.
- Staff benefits: Our employees receive staff discounts on 1&1 products and a range of leisure activities. On top of that we provide financial advantages, for instance for corporate pensions.
- Health measures: Besides internal sport and health courses, we offer lectures about health. Furthermore, you get staff discounts in selected gyms and health centers.
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.