How to be a part of the digital training revolution:
1. Start with a passion for sustainable worker training.
2. Next, follow that passion into linguistics or related studies.
3. Finally, apply for this job!
We need experts with good comprehension and conceptualization skills to curate successful digital training experiences for our customers’ manual workers. This role will entail shaping our digital training methodology.
At how.fm, we are a small – and experienced – team of long-time colleagues and friends. We want to give everyone a fair chance to learn no matter their background. To achieve this we are on a mission to train 1 million deskless workers across the world in their own language. And that is just the beginning!
We have a modern office in Cologne, though we often work remotely and encourage all our team to work where it suits them. At least once a month we have workshops or events where we meet as a team in Cologne. So even if we don't have to commute every day, it is important that you are able to do so regularly.
YOUR EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES
Your mission would be to ensure the excellence of the how.fm platform by customising high-quality customer training content and contributing to the template portfolio of training content.
- Creating easy-to-read and follow work instructions by curating and editing the materials our customers send us and learning on on-site visits.
- Building a template portfolio of training content for how.fm.
- Updating content in the content management system.
- Creating and preparing scripts for images, illustrations, and videos for the training content.
- Independently researching compliance and other relevant topics for template content.
- Translating instructions into English and German as well as collaborating with freelance translators for other languages.
- Weekly meetings with the full how.fm team to align on status-quo and direction.
YOU WILL NEED
- Studies in linguistics or a related field (if you are currently studying, we could discuss a working student contract).
- A passion for training content and e-learning as well as demonstrated professional experience in these.
- High-level skills in conceptualizing training materials.
- An eye for detail to ensure accuracy in content.
- Excellent English and German language abilities, written and spoken incl. the ability to translate between the two. Any other languages are a plus.
- Solid IT operating experience including Google Workplace tools (formerly Gsuite) incl. Gmail, sheets, etc.
- Experience with additional IT tools such as Notion, Slack, and Trello would be beneficial.
- Proven intercultural competence including strength in communication skills across multiple disciplines and cultures.
You are a how.fm fit and a fit for this role if you identify with the following:
- We are humble and goal-oriented: there are a lot of things that we still don't know, but we always want to know why we are working on a specific project.
- We work with a lean approach on a path guided by the Kaizen philosophy. Make a plan, try it out early, fail, improve it and eliminate waste. We embrace change and adapt when our mission and team need it.
- We are always there for each other, like in a tribe, we know that together we are better.
If you want to know more about our team and how we work visit: www.how.fm/family.
If you like what you read and want to join us or want to apply and ask us more about the position, go ahead!
We are looking forward to hearing from you :)