Flummox is an aggregator of online micro-brands, which leverage online marketplaces such as Amazon and Shopify to market everyday consumer products. Backed by a team of industry leading investors and advisors, Flummox grows high potential online consumer brands into winning international direct-to-consumer businesses with its technology-driven and streamlined operations platform.
We’re building a diverse team of talented, business savvy doers with the right experiences across Amazon, eCommerce, supply chain, tech, finance, and investments to help build our engine and grow our portfolio companies into category-leading direct-to-consumer brands.
About the role:
As our first in-house hire in the intelligence team, you will have a central role in conceptualising, designing and implementing business intelligence to support both the investments and operations teams for faster and better decision making. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter and an entrepreneurial mind to join a freshly funded company and participate in building and growing the business organically from the ground up.
- Shape business and query logic as a basis for analytics (dashboards and deep dives)
- Continuously on the lookout to automate processes that perform data analyses and provide actionable insights
- Develop standards and processes for QC validation, anomaly detection and alert notifications
- Develop better KPIs to monitor business health
- Move the business towards self-serve, especially in dashboards adoption
- Work independently with little involvement from managers
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively
- Present, articulate, and influence stakeholders through findings/insights
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities to improve process productivity
- Demonstrate good understanding of the business context and the analytical/reporting needs when working on new strategies, products or services
- Communicate effectively around aspects of project execution: requirements, timelines, dependencies, priorities, and impact
- Trains the business stakeholders to enable them to self-serve adhoc asks
- 1+ years prior experience as an Analytics Engineer, Database, ETL, BI developer, bonus if within Amazon, Aggregator, or eCommerce contexts
- Full technical proficiency in excel
- Technically proficient with SQL, knowing another language (Go, Python, Java,..) is a plus
- Familiar with the concepts of data structures, data warehousing, data lakes
- Familiarity with AWS redshift, postgres or other database services is a plus
- Familiarity with BI tools such as superset, powerBI, Geckoboard, …
- Solution oriented and independent working with hunger to keep learning and exceeding, continuously willing to deepen and expand knowledge
- Clear and direct communication skills with various technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Team player and ability to collaborate with various stakeholders on finding solutions
- Fluent in English, other European languages, a plus
- Entrepreneurial and ownership mindset with confidence to take responsibility for building things from the ground up and iterating quickly in a young, fast-paced startup environment
- Recently funded by industry-leading investors, join the founding team at the start of its success.
- Build Flummox from the ground up with the founders. From processes to services to company culture, you're part of the development
- Real ownership in Flummox. Attractive share options plan, see the direct impact of your contributions
- Flexible workspace. While we do appreciate some degree of presence in our London office to foster collaboration and team spirit, we do welcome flexible working to meet everyone's necessities
- Regular team events, such as team lunches, dinners, and parties
- 25 days holiday and company perks
- Opportunity to travel for tradeshows and industry events
- Opportunity to attend trainings and courses to expand your knowledge
Please feel free to share any other relevant information that you believe strengthens your application by either adding it to your cover letter or sending it to us directly via email.
We look forward to receiving your application!