We are GHARAGE, the Vision Hub of Gebr. Heinemann, one of the world’s leading travel retailers. The GHARAGE was established to challenge the status quo of travel and retail and envision the traveler’s journey of tomorrow. We build and invest in ventures to make travel time more valuable for global travelers.
As a Senior Content Strategist at GHARAGE, you will be part of the Venture Building team, collaborating with a diverse mix of strategists, creatives, researchers, designers, and entrepreneurs.
Our Venture Building unit is the engine to build and test new business models innovating the status quo, but even more so: creating what’s next. We focus on developing ventures, experiences, and brands with a focus on innovative travel services and retail concepts.
As a Senior Content Strategist, you will drive the strategic and conceptual side of the brands we create and scale. Ideally, you are a hybrid strategist with strong roots in brand and creative strategy, as well as you have some experience in strategic and service design. This role reports to the Head of Vision of GHARAGE.
- Conduct in-depth research to understand trends, markets and traveler, customer and user behaviors, pain points and needs to fuel our ideation processes and the strategic direction of a brand.
- Set the vision for our brands and develop brand positioning and storytelling from scratch.
- Write concise and inspiring creative briefs based on a deep understanding of business objectives, audiences, markets and culture.
- Collaborate with our design team on visual identity development and UX/UI design.
- Develop market entry and communication/content strategies for our ventures and GHARAGE.
- Develop KPI frameworks together with Venture Architects to ensure the ventures’ success and the alignment of their strategic value with the design intent.
- Be an inspirational sparring partner to the other GHARAGE team members and units.
- Brief and guide freelancers during the venture- and brand-building processes.
- Prepare and present convincing and visually appealing presentations on different levels.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders from GHARAGE and Gebr. Heinemann as well as external partners.
- You are an independent, proactive and creative strategist with a background in brand and creative strategy, innovation or related fields.
- You have 6+ years of relevant work experience in creative or design agencies, innovation hubs or startups.
- You have a strong track record in conducting research and turning research findings into insights, stories and ideas.
- You have a strong track record in building compelling brands and communication strategies.
- You are an editior / a journalist and can also speak at events
- You have the capability to work across multiple projects and brands.
- You can work independently on a project.
- You are an excellent team player with an inspirational can-do attitude that goes beyond job descriptions.
- You have an affinity for the travel and retail industries.
- You are fluent in English; knowledge of German is nice to have.
- You are based in or willing to relocate to Hamburg, Germany.
- Work experience at the intersection of the start-up and corporate world.
- Deep insights into one of the industry-leading companies in travel retail.
- An entrepreneurial environment with flat hierarchies built on trust and respect.
- Responsibility and freedom to explore new ideas and approaches.
- A diverse team of professionals, fostering an environment of creativity and personal and professional growth.
- Team events and offsites where we regularly exchange ideas and build connections with colleagues who share our passion for creativity and innovation.
- Competitive compensation with ongoing support and opportunities for personal development, including corporate benefits such as bicycle leasing and HVV profit ticket, company pension scheme, company store discounts and much more.
- Opportunity to work abroad within the EU for 10 days, expanding your horizons and gaining valuable cross-cultural experience.
If you believe you’ve got what it takes, we’re happy to hear from you, even if you do not check every box.
GHARAGE Vision Hub is completely dedicated to the continuous innovation of the future of Gebr. Heinemann. We are a diverse team of designers, strategists, researchers, and business creators, who design, build, and transform the future of travel and retail.
With an open-minded way of thinking, a curious mindset, and a passion for innovation, we live the culture to thrive. GHARAGE was founded to create and accelerate business models, products and experiences to enrich people's travel time. Entirely dedicated to shape the next era of travel retail.