At Flux Aviation we believe that the future of flight is electric. A future where flying is clean, quiet and affordable. We are making this vision possible by developing some of the highest-performance electric motors and batteries that will power next generation electric aircraft. But to reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team.
Flux Aviation was founded by a team of senior engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and Formula 1. But we are bound by a common passion for flying and a vision of electric flight for all.
You will be architecting, prototyping, building, and designing the hardware for our next-generation electric propulsion systems. You will be responsible for key system decisions that affect the final performance and reliability of our products.
If you want to lead the design and create products that will change the way we fly, we want you as a Graduate Mechanical Engineer.
- Please be aware that we may close our programmes at any point and at short notice based on the volume of applications received. To give yourself the best chance of being considered for a place on this programme, please apply early.
- Push the capabilities of EV battery technologies by creating innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Contribute to product development across the entire lifecycle from idea, through prototyping and into high-volume production and regulatory certification
- Design the numerous subsystems of an electric powertrain for performance, manufacturability and reliability
- Engineer the highest-performance battery modules on the market
- Can share a strong portfolio of previous work
- Enjoy the gritty details of part design, material selection and manufacturing techniques
- Use 3D CAD (Solidworks) to design components, produce drawings, and build assemblies
- Are familiar with using FEA and CFD for high-performance design optimisation
- Can communicate effectively with vendors and suppliers across the globe
- Have practical experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) for creation of fabrication drawings
- Can prototype your own designs in our well-equipped workshop
- Are hands-on and willing to cross discipline boundaries to solve a problem
- Aerospace/Aviation experience (private pilot, model aircraft, drones)
- Broad knowledge of electric or hybrid/electric propulsion systems
- Participant in the maker community or just a general DIY’er
- 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Robust employee share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted gym membership
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- And of course… unlimited use of our workshop
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of aviation.