At Flux Aviation we believe that the future of flight is electric. A future where flying is clean, quiet and affordable. We are making this vision possible by developing some of the highest-performance electric motors and batteries that will power next generation electric aircraft. But to reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team.
Flux Aviation was founded by a team of senior engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and Formula 1. But we are bound by a common passion for flying and a vision of electric flight for all.
You will be prototyping, building, and designing the hardware for our next-generation electric propulsion systems. If you want to work on the design and create products that will change the way we fly, we want you to join us as a Summer Intern.
- A portfolio of your previous engineering work / projects is required. Your application will not be considered without a portfolio.
- Please be aware that we may close our programmes at any point and at short notice based on the volume of applications received. To give yourself the best chance of being considered for a place on this programme, please apply early.
- Design, assemble and test prototypes of electric powertrain components using our in-house facilities
- Participate in design reviews and help solve design, engineering, and manufacturing problems
- Assist with direct communications to our vendors and suppliers to help overcome production challenges
- Polish your time management and communication skills to increase your effectiveness as an engineer
- Can share a strong portfolio of previous work / projects
- Open to any engineering degree discipline (Mechanical, Aerospace, Electronics, Software, etc.)
- Hands-on, self-taught, and love to work on hardware
- Skilled at debugging, testing, and identifying the root causes of problems
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented
- Independent, self-starter with strong communication skills
- Aerospace/Aviation experience (private pilot, model aircraft, drones)
- Participant in the maker community or just a general DIY’er
- Have a desire to hone your skills and learn more about engineering design and the process of bringing products to market
- 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted gym membership
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- And of course… unlimited use of our workshop
Internships at Flux Aviation give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of aviation. Internship perks include regular networking opportunities, training and unlimited use of our workshop!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of aviation.