About First Momentum
- First Momentum Ventures is one of the most extraordinary venture capital funds of this generation.
- All of our partners are <= 30 and have built our first fund in 2018 as a campus spin-off. Now we are kicking-off our second €30m+ VC fund.
- Throughout the last years, we have invested in around 40 pre-seed startups, focusing on B2B and (deep) tech companies, and have become one of the most renowned pre-seed and tech investors in Germany.
- Since then, many of our portfolio companies have raised successful follow-up funding rounds from the best European and US investors.
- With our new fund, we are taking First Momentum Ventures to the next level and continue to build one of the best pre-seed VCs in Europe!
- You support the investment team by sourcing promising pre-seed start-ups through various channels
- You will do initial screening calls with startup founders independently
- You take care of incoming start-up applications and establish communication with the most important internal and external stakeholders
- You accompany exciting start-ups through the entire investment process: from sourcing through the due diligence process to the completed investment
- You take part and get first-hand insights into our Investment Committee meetings
- You make deep dives into various topics and present your findings to the team
- You support our investor relations team with enquiries and various projects
- You assist the Partners in various portfolio support activities
- You have a strong academical background in economics, technology or a related field and have gained practical experience in a fast-paced environment, ideally in the startup industry.
- You possess exceptional analytical skills, are highly motivated, and consistently deliver above average performance.
- You are comfortable working independently and thrive on tackling ambitious projects.
- You are curious, convincing, and reflective, and enjoy communicating with startup founders and team members alike.
- You are passionate about the startup industry and venture capital.
- Full working proficiency in German and English is required
- You are a full member of our investment team and get full responsibility for all your projects.
- You will get a comprehensive and transparent insight into the processes of a VC fund.
- We have a base in Munich but work remotely as we have team members all over Germany. The whole team meets up every 8-12 weeks somewhere in Europe and we spend a few days together
- Once you are part of First Momentum, you are part of our family (team retreats, dinner parties, etc.), even beyond your time with us.
Plus our unique daily work experiences
- We are a team of friends working together day in and day out towards the vision of First Momentum.
- We guarantee you an extremely steep learning curve, as you'll be immersed in new industries and technologies on a weekly basis.
- At First Momentum, you will learn how to analyse young tech companies and interact with the most brilliant minds in the start-up scene on a regular basis.
- When we make investments together, you'll be excited to tell your friends why this company will transform an industry and how the founders won you over with their energy and smartness.
- When portfolio companies raise their follow-on funding rounds, you'll know you helped enable the team to push their vision further
Please apply only if you are available for min 6 months.